ADVERTISEMENT

StatVa Classic Results?

Bird defeated Edison 68-63......
Highland Springs beat Stonewall Jackson (Manassas) 91-45
Cosby beat Princess Anne in OT

Maybe someone will provide the scores of the first three games of the day
This post was edited on 1/19 9:03 PM by skycoach

So much going on today I didn't post the scores. You can find the boxscores on my website!!! Very good day of games. Cosby impressed me with the win against PA, but Highland Springs just jumped all over Stonewall Jackson who had just taken Riverdale Baptist to overtime a couple of days earlier. Springers will be a tough out in a loaded 5A field.

StatVA Classic Results

This is an easy one to break down, both riverdale and stonewall have good front court players, but both don't have a true point guard, what highland springs has are backcourt players that can pressure you. Riverdale can't put the pressure that highland springs guards can on stonewall guards. Now with all that said, I don't think highland springs can beat riverdale too much talent on that riverdale team.

Word I got was this is the worst Riverdale team in years. They are still solid, but not what they have been. Highland Springs just obliterated Stonewall from the jump. But, games are all about matchups and if Riverdale does not have the guard play they would be in trouble. Highland Springs acutally has a decent inside game as they have improved in that category drastically. They dumped it down to the block a couple of times and got quality buckets.

I think they are better front court this year than last year. Jackson is a great scoring guard but they need her to bring the ball up court, which takes a lot out of her game scoring wise. I still see them as the best team in DMV area. As you know anyone can win one game on a good day, but to play the schedule they played and win is another thing.

Valid points. IF they find another ball handler they will be trouble because they were dead tired running around with HS. They only dressed 9 girls

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT