won 3a Liberty 55-12
won 4a jefferson Forest 47-36
won 4a William Fleming 41-7

William Byrd Terriers 4a
won 3a Cave Spring 42-14
won 3a Hidden Valley 35-25
lost 4a Salem 20-17 ot
won 3a Magna Vista 21-7

Big game for points for both teams . The Eagles run a single wing and have some good running backs. Byrd has Larry Basham , one of the best in the valley . Game is at Byrd . The schools are not far from each other . Byrd is in eastern Roanoke County and Staunton River is in western Bedford County . Which team gets over the hump . Staunton River has already beat Jefferson Forest . The only game Byrd has lost was against Salem . Byrd will be the best defensive team to play the Eagles so far . They will slow them down but hard to stop the single wing . Byrd will try and grind on offense and if you key on Basham they will run counters and good fakes . I don't think Salem was at their best with execution against Byrd and having the medical issues with players being out and still not executing well but Byrd has the potential to have one of their best teams . Staunton River has that same chance . I have not lost one of these picks yet but Heritage helped me out by coming back against Brookville . I see the Terriers slowing down the Eagles with their good tackling and physicality .A very good matchup . I am picking the Terriers .

Staunton River Golden Eagles 3a
won 3a Turner Ashby 52-14
won 3a Waynesboro 42-7
won 3a Liberty 55-12

William Byrd Terriers 4a
won 3a Cave Spring 42-14
lost 4a Salem 20-17 ot
won 3a Magna Vista 21-7

Big game for points for both teams . The Eagles run a single wing and have some good running backs. Byrd has Larry Basham , one of the best in the valley . Game is at Byrd . The schools are not far from each other . Byrd is in eastern Roanoke County and Staunton River is in western Bedford County . Which team gets over the hump . Staunton River has already beat Jefferson Forest . The only game Byrd has lost was against Salem . Byrd will be the best defensive team to play the Eagles so far . They will slow them down but hard to stop the single wing . Byrd will try and grind on offense and if you key on Basham they will run counters and good fakes . I don't think Salem was at their best with execution against Byrd and having the medical issues with players being out and still not executing well but Byrd has the potential to have one of their best teams . Staunton River has that same chance . I have not lost one of these picks yet but Heritage helped me out by coming back against Brookville . I see the Terriers slowing down the Eagles with their good tackling and physicality .A very good matchup . I am picking the Terriers .
This game is telling me it's gonna be a shootout. Good place to be on Friday night

Staunton River Golden Eagles 3a
won 3a Turner Ashby 52-14
won 3a Waynesboro 42-7
won 3a Liberty 55-12

William Byrd Terriers 4a
won 3a Cave Spring 42-14
lost 4a Salem 20-17 ot
won 3a Magna Vista 21-7

I'll go with Staunton River

Reactions: OCBoy
Points against for SR looks pretty good. Of course JF got their points, but otherwise they look like they have shut everybody down. How has SR looked against the run? Have they faced a big guy like Basham?

Points against for SR looks pretty good. Of course JF got their points, but otherwise they look like they have shut everybody down. How has SR looked against the run? Have they faced a big guy like Basham?

I don't know how SR has fared against the run. I don't think any of the teams they've played are close to Byrd. Blake from JF has good straight-line speed, but at this point he lacks Basham's strength and cutting ability. Byrd won a 32-31 thriller last year; Basham had 267 yards on 44 carries. Byrd's qb Reece Watson might be the wildcard in this game. He has good speed, and gives the Terriers another running threat. I think Byrd is going to have to get another receiver or two involved, in the tangible form of three or four key receptions.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT