ADVERTISEMENT

Staunton River VS Heritage

I hate TOs like that. When play clock is under 3 seconds TOs should not be granted. Rule change would be needed though.

It couldn't have been easy for Overstreet to carry the load on offense and then chase Davis all over the field. Davis was in for a handful of snaps on defense but he looked fresh late in the game.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
SR fought hard but they were exhausted half through the third quarter. Bradley's gamble to have his lineman play primarily one way paid off.

Great call by Bradley/Torrence! I thought the same thing. Heritage offensive and Defensive lines won that game!

Last edited:
It couldn't have been easy for Overstreet to carry the load on offense and then chase Davis all over the field. Davis was in for a handful of snaps on defense but he looked fresh late in the game.

I'm not real sure what game you watched. Overstreet surely did not carry the load. Tj Tester had a huge game. As Well as Jones. And to say Davis looked fresh at the end of the game..... he was gased in the 3rd. Especially the last 5 mins. Not taking away from his performance but that's just how I seen it from my seat.

I'm not real sure what game you watched. Overstreet surely did not carry the load. Tj Tester had a huge game. As Well as Jones. And to say Davis looked fresh at the end of the game..... he was gased in the 3rd. Especially the last 5 mins. Not taking away from his performance but that's just how I seen it from my seat.
Why are you so defensive. I wasn't taking a shot at anyone. I don't see how anyone can reasonably argue that playing both ways isn't more taxing playing one way.

I'm not arguing that or being defensive. Just stating what I seen from my seat. I see alot of people saying Davis was fresh at the end of the game. Kid was so gassed the q.b had to show him several times where to line up there at the end. Davis definitely carried the load for heritage. Great win man and take care of Hopewell.

Reactions: MaroonandGold29

That's exactly the way I saw it too...

All 3 SR backs had great games. Think about this. SR was allowing 18 points a game and gave up 49. Heritage was allowing 15 points a game and gave up 35. Both offenses did what they wanted for the most part.

Please don’t ruin this game with nonsense bickering. Two really good football teams battling it out. No turnovers, a handful or so flags. A great high school football game, hate to see someone lose a game like that but that’s why they keep score. Both teams should be proud as well as their fans.

Please don’t ruin this game with nonsense bickering. Two really good football teams battling it out. No turnovers, a handful or so flags. A great high school football game, hate to see someone lose a game like that but that’s why they keep score. Both teams should be proud as well as their fans.
Amen to that brother.

Reactions: catchtds
Why they punt the ball back to them while there down, plus when u haven’t stop Pioneers all day ?

Why they punt the ball back to them while there down, plus when u haven’t stop Pioneers all day ?

If I’m not mistaken it was 4th and 10 and they were backed up on their own 30 or 35yd, you have to punt. I think if it was 4th and medium or less they would’ve went for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chucksteel72
Actually they did stop Heritage at midfield on 4th down and short. Overstreet tackled Davis in the backfield giving SR the ball back and Tester scored on the ensuing drive. I understand that for the most part that they didn't do that. But you almost had to punt and hope for a stop or turnover. I had no problem with it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT