ADVERTISEMENT

Staunton River VS Heritage

Chucksteel I ate crow when we lost to ec glass and you gave it to me pretty good. If SR plays well, I will give them credit but I just don't feel they can win. I feel this is the state championship game. I will say the same thing I said before, the west is going to win it. If SR upsets heritage, I will go for the west team because this side of the state does not get the respect it deserves.

Applauding the response!

Reactions: Chucksteel72
Chucksteel I ate crow when we lost to ec glass and you gave it to me pretty good. If SR plays well, I will give them credit but I just don't feel they can win. I feel this is the state championship game. I will say the same thing I said before, the west is going to win it. If SR upsets heritage, I will go for the west team because this side of the state does not get the respect it deserves.
Wow.. I don't believe my eyes lol. We shall see soon enough for sure.

SR is undefeated and the home team so the upset would be if Heritage won.

It should get the respect the West has won 3a I know for the last 5 years I think. They had to get rid of semi final cross bracket so now a east team is guaranteed t be in final, they wouldn’t be there if cross bracketed.
Yeah 3A has it much easier than 4A

I would mot say this game is for the title! I really would not look past JM on bit especially if they get by Hopewell which seems like an even match. Someone mentioned that these two took a few poundings during the year. JM sure did, bur I assure you do not view them by record alone. They lost to playoff teams 5a Mt.View and Stafford who is still playing this weekend. They lost to 4a playoff teams Courtland, Charlottesville and Easternview which was a juggernaut this year. The only hard to figure loss was by 2 points to KG. They have handled all of their 3a opponents fairly easily. I think Heritage and probably SR might be slightly better, but if anyone knows JM, they have athlete's all over the field, a very good QB and a monster (small size) of a RB in Johnson. They seem to be sluggish ib the first half but light the jets in the second half. So just saying, respect this team.

I would mot say this game is for the title! I really would not look past JM on bit especially if they get by Hopewell which seems like an even match. Someone mentioned that these two took a few poundings during the year. JM sure did, bur I assure you do not view them by record alone. They lost to playoff teams 5a Mt.View and Stafford who is still playing this weekend. They lost to 4a playoff teams Courtland, Charlottesville and Easternview which was a juggernaut this year. The only hard to figure loss was by 2 points to KG. They have handled all of their 3a opponents fairly easily. I think Heritage and probably SR might be slightly better, but if anyone knows JM, they have athlete's all over the field, a very good QB and a monster (small size) of a RB in Johnson. They seem to be sluggish ib the first half but light the jets in the second half. So just saying, respect this team.
A short period ago there was a stretch when it seemed that JM was State Championship every year. Believe me no one is over looking them. If they make it, there is one thing you said that worries me. They seem to be sluggish in the first half. A team cannot afford a sluggish first half against Heritage or Staunton River. They pile the points on in a hurry.

Should be a fantastic day for both teams. Obviously, all the attention goes to the two running backs, but both teams have some tremendous lineman clearing holes. I am pretty sure Jordan Patti came out of SR and he was just named 1st team USA South lineman at Ferrum.
Jordan Patti graduated with my son. Known him since we moved out here 10 year's ago. One of the smartest, kindest, young men you've ever been around. But when that switch got flipped, he was a handful on the football field and wrestling mat. He also won a state championship in shot put I believe. Great guy.

Reactions: padlevel
The privilege of playing in December is an amazing thing. The town of Moneta will be absolutely electric for this game. Congratulations to both schools and good luck. Also, be careful if you drive on 24 the sun will shine right at you as take the curves.
Is the parking ok, I might try to make it

Last year when MV went up there we parked on the right side of school if looking at it from road. It was a longer walk but wasn’t bad. It was packed house but didn’t have any problems.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
This makes absolutely no sense. Everyone talks about VHSL being about money, and as they get gate for games, how does that benefit them? It can't be both
Lol I think he was being a sarcastic

A lot of hype about nothing. This game will be over at halftime. I would suggest going to Salem vs Sherando if you want to see a competitive game. I just don't see any way SR can keep this close. 21+ point win for pioneers.

A lot of hype about nothing. This game will be over at halftime. I would suggest going to Salem vs Sherando if you want to see a competitive game. I just don't see any way SR can keep this close. 21+ point win for pioneers.

Don't care who wins, but you certainly are making your team look bad and more pressure to live up to your hype. 1 point win will be fine for the team and coaches.

And IF SR shocks the world, what will you say then?

I have no idea how this one will go but SR will certainly eat a lot of clock. 21+ point margin is a stretch. If SR can get to Davis early and make a few stops the game is theirs. If Davis is able to get free, well, we know how that turns out....

VHSL doesn't realize there are neutral fans who attend games. They think that if schools A & B are playing, only fans from schools A&B will be at game.

And for the most part they are correct. There may be several fans that would drive to 2-3 different locations for a game but not enough to change the playing times. Those few fans don't have enough impact on the gate. The bigger travesty is the VT/UVA game played on a Friday night, during playoff football. I know i wouldn't drive to several spots for a game and I enjoy high school football just as well as anyone.

Reactions: Timberlake1985
Come next Saturday, I want to go to 3A and 4A games in Williamsburg, and the 2A game in Salem. At least before the stupid decision to move games out of Lynchburg, fans could watch one game in Lynchburg and then go to Salem for one game.

I recall the mess VHSL had at VCU for basketball one year, for GW-highland Springs game. VHSL actually though all the fans would leave after earlier games, and there would be ample seating for GW-HS. Hundreds, maybe thousands of fans were denied entry, even though they had purchased advance tickets.

Come next Saturday, I want to go to 3A and 4A games in Williamsburg, and the 2A game in Salem. At least before the stupid decision to move games out of Lynchburg, fans could watch one game in Lynchburg and then go to Salem for one game.

I recall the mess VHSL had at VCU for basketball one year, for GW-highland Springs game. VHSL actually though all the fans would leave after earlier games, and there would be ample seating for GW-HS. Hundreds, maybe thousands of fans were denied entry, even though they had purchased advance tickets.

No different than having multiple games on Friday nights during the regular season. So watch 3a in Williamsburg and 6a in Hampton?.

Over by halftime? Lmao!!!!!

Reactions: wikki
This shaping up to be a shootout. Flashback to western albermarle game a few year ago

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT