ADVERTISEMENT

Stonewall Jackson beat Madison?

THEGOATFROMJMU

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 21, 2008
Nice job generals...…. I know wins for you have been few and far between the last decade...

Madison is a classic example of how a team can be on top for an extended period of time, as they once were, and then fall on hard times for one reason or another. And of course the reverse can happen as well. Nobody is ever going to be on top or at the bottom all the time.

Reactions: RoJoHokie
SJ actually has 2 wins this season, also beating Rapp Co. With Strasburg and Page left on the schedule, can they make it 3?

SJ actually has 2 wins this season, also beating Rapp Co. With Strasburg and Page left on the schedule, can they make it 3?
Bigger question is will Madison get a win this year? I can't ever remember a time we went completely winless...ever. We have Rappco this week, but I'm not sure we will win. It could be a historic night for the boys in Sperryville.

Bigger question is will Madison get a win this year? I can't ever remember a time we went completely winless...ever. We have Rappco this week, but I'm not sure we will win. It could be a historic night for the boys in Sperryville.
Madison put 52 on Page County, I think they'll beat Rappco. They are gelling.

You got that right. I have been saying for the last ten years or so that it is a shame that the current Riverheads program cannot have a shot or two at Madison.

You got that right. I have been saying for the last ten years or so that it is a shame that the current Riverheads program cannot have a shot or two at Madison.
I doubt you would really get much pleasure from the game. I guess getting that monkey off your back would be nice but MC is not even close to what it used to be.

Last edited:
I would LOVE to see a Madison/Riverheads game, but let's wait until Madison gets back to its winning ways. I want a fair fight.
“The round hay bale was the death of Madison football”...heard this earlier today at the co-op. Probably a lot of truth in it.

Reactions: obguthr
Most of the high school boys spent their summers loading hay (square bales). Made them all strong, built friendships, developed esprit de Corp. They interacted for hours; talking about football, hunting, fishing, the opposite sex and football.

Now one craggy old guy does all the work from the cab of a tractor.

I don’t think this is the only reason for our demise. But it is probably a contributor; along with cell phones, social media, video games and coaches who teach at one of your rival schools.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
I was on the sideline for the MC/Riverheads game in 97 (I think?). I remember they had a running back playing with a broken arm and he still did pretty much whatever he wanted.

Most of the high school boys spent their summers loading hay (square bales). Made them all strong, built friendships, developed esprit de Corp. They interacted for hours; talking about football, hunting, fishing, the opposite sex and football.

I don’t think this is the only reason for our demise. But it is probably a contributor; along with cell phones, social media, video games and coaches who teach at one of your rival schools.
I think you're onto something. I still see an awful lot of square bales in Greenville/Middlebrook. ;)

Makes sense about the hay bales. Nice analogy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT