ADVERTISEMENT

Strasburg vs Central (Woodstock)

Oct 9, 2015
This game is a big rivalry in Shenandoah County. The Rams are 6-2 going into the game while the Falcons are 7-1. Strasburg is coming off a big 34-32 win on homecoming against Madison County. Strasburg got the running game going pretty well against Madison rushing for over 300 yds. Central just kept plugging away against Monroe. This game could also have big playoff implications as well. Throw the records out the window when these two get together. I am going to go with Strasburg 35-28

This game is a big rivalry in Shenandoah County. The Rams are 6-2 going into the game while the Falcons are 7-1. Strasburg is coming off a big 34-32 win on homecoming against Madison County. Strasburg got the running game going pretty well against Madison rushing for over 300 yds. Central just kept plugging away against Monroe. This game could also have big playoff implications as well. Throw the records out the window when these two get together. I am going to go with Strasburg 35-28
I want Strasburg to win just to prove that the Clarke loss to Central was an absolute fluke.

I have seen Strasburg play twice this year, and they have not looked like a good team. Watching them play against Madison last week, I was shocked at how really bad the Madison defense was, they might just be worse than Monroe's defense. That being said, anything can happen in rivalry games, but I see Central winning 28-14.

Strasburg's defense is not the '85 Bears either. MC had more offensive yards than did Strasburg in this one. Had MC not shot themselves in the foot on the extra points, the outcome would have been different...but it was not.

Having seen both Central and Strasburg, Central is much more skilled, IMHO. Strasburg should not be able to stop them from scoring. That being said, it is a rivalry game so that could make a difference. But if I were a betting person, I would go with Central by more than 2 scores.

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Strasburg the team that just BARELY squeezed by Stonewall Jackson 14-12 in the season opener? I remember someone coming on here and saying that was not a fluke and that they would "struggle mightily" this year. So how in the world have they managed to recover from that and post a 6-2 record so far, considering how bad Stonewall has turned out to be?

I stated earlier that Strasburg would struggle this year. I was obviously wrong. Given what the athletic program went through last spring/summer, I think it is pretty remarkable that they have fared as well as they have. It appears that their offense has gotten on track. The defense, not as much.

However, the 3 best teams on their schedule so far (IMHO) have been East Rock, Clarke and Madison. They lost badly to ER and CC. And quite honestly, if MC could kick PATs, that game would have been different. But neither ER or MC have stout defenses either.

Just goes to show that anything can happen in sports...who would have thought the Golden State Warriors would have lost their home opener last night by 29 points?

Central's offense looked very slow and was predictable with the play calling. Odd coaching decisions on 4th downs did not help the Central offense either. Central ran one very nice passing play where the receiver was well behind the safety, but the ball was slightly overthrown, TD otherwise. Another bad coaching move in that they never went back to that play. . But Strasburg played like the better team, was more aggressive on offense and defense and deserved the win.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT