ADVERTISEMENT

Strasburg Wrestling moves to 16-0 in duals so far this year.

BullRun66

VaPreps Rookie
Jun 25, 2021
Heath Burks is 16-0
David Burks is 16-0
Donovan Burks is 15-1
Hudson Conrad is 16-0
Colby Shaw is 14-2
Lucas Martinez is 16-0
Peyton Dean is 16-0
Jaden Shanholtz is 16-0
Zach Bracken is 13-3
Conner Miller is 13-3.

Those are the guys that have wrestled every match. Coach Reynolds is giving some of the younger guys some mat time during the duals. This is the first time is atleast 8 years that the Rams can fill all 14 weight classes.

The Burks boys look even better than the past couple seasons. Hudson Conrad is fully healthy and is looking dominant on the mat. Not sure what Riverheads has in the Region but I do not see anyone else staying real close to the Rams in dual matches this year and from what I have seen the Rams should be the favorites to win it all again

There is definitely a lot of depth to the Strasburg lineup. Riverheads should be competitive in several weight classes but have a few that will be new to the lineup so advancement in the state brackets will be a little more challenging. I would agree that Strasberg should be favored for the team title. Going to be a fun winter on the mats.

Reactions: BullRun66
I don't follow wrestling but the Gladiators have been under the shadow of Grundy for years in the 1-A ranks so it will be interesting to see how they do in 2-A.

@longtimerhsfan I won’t be doing any write ups like you do for the other sports, lol but I do follow the wrestling program. This weekends Turner Ashby tournament will break the ice for the bulk of the Riverheads starters and should give us a preview of those to watch locally. There is always a good mix of competition there with schools from Maryland, Va private, and larger classifications. Not sure if Strasburg is there this weekend but it’s a very good one to go see that’s close by (even for those uninitiated to the sport).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT