ADVERTISEMENT

Stuanton River Opening

A

anon_y7v0wv40itxop

Any news on this one? This job has been open since September

This job wasn't open until after the season, I am hearing they are in the interview process now

The job was open in September it just wasn’t posted until after the season. By my count they have had 4 months to work on this they had better get it right

The job was open in September it just wasn’t posted until after the season. By my count they have had 4 months to work on this they had better get it right
They will don’t worry. Strong final 3 including a current assistant, a former assistant and a young up and comer with head coaching experience

They will don’t worry. Strong final 3 including a current assistant, a former assistant and a young up and comer with head coaching experience
The names I hear are not what I would describe as Strong. They need someone to come in and clean house and get thing going in a positive direction

The names I hear are not what I would describe as Strong. They need someone to come in and clean house and get thing going in a positive direction
I doubt you even have a clue.

As far as cleaning house goes there are loyal dedicated assistants on staff who are valuable members of the Staunton River community who deserve respect. Too many good people there who work to hard to support this kids.

Last edited:
You do know this is a 3A high school? Clean house would mean fire everyone and bring in your own staff and the school system would provide that staff with teaching positions? Yeah maybe you could bring one of your guys if a teaching position in the system is available, but a pure "clean house" not happening.

The incompetent admin at SR got rid of 2 dedicated hard working coaches this past fall. They are completely fine with people filling those jobs that just want an extra stipend. As long as the next guy keeps the booster club happy, they will keep him forever. Winning is hard enough to come by down in good ole Moneta and because of the admins actions they won’t get a quality candidate. Probably going to be an owner of a vape shop, some dude that has a garage band, a JV coach with no experience or someone who has been fired from multiple jobs.Oh and the head principal will head to JF or the board office as fast as a job opens. Enjoy.

Reactions: kwhs95fan and Senex
You do know this is a 3A high school? Clean house would mean fire everyone and bring in your own staff and the school system would provide that staff with teaching positions? Yeah maybe you could bring one of your guys if a teaching position in the system is available, but a pure "clean house" not happening.
Well two of the final 3 aren’t even licensed to teach so I guess they won’t need teaching jobs....

The incompetent admin at SR got rid of 2 dedicated hard working coaches this past fall. They are completely fine with people filling those jobs that just want an extra stipend. As long as the next guy keeps the booster club happy, they will keep him forever. Winning is hard enough to come by down in good ole Moneta and because of the admins actions they won’t get a quality candidate. Probably going to be an owner of a vape shop, some dude that has a garage band or someone who has been fired from multiple jobs. Oh and the head principal will head to JF or the board office as fast as a job opens. Enjoy.
Tell me how you really feel about SR lol

Reactions: Hoosiernation18
Well two of the final 3 aren’t even licensed to teach so I guess they won’t need teaching jobs....
I thought we were talking about firing all assistant coaches (cleaning house). Seems to be a difficult thing at a small high school.

The coaches that have been around need to stay. They should have fired one more when they fired the other 2. That would create a math opening right?

The coaches that have been around need to stay. They should have fired one more when they fired the other 2. That would create a math opening right?
Absolutely!!!!! These guys who have been around a while don’t get the recognition they deserve. If not for them the team wouldn’t have finished the season

Ok I'm out of this conversation for now. Suggesting firing an educator to open a job for a coach doesn't seem logical.

Ok I'm out of this conversation for now. Suggesting firing an educator to open a job for a coach doesn't seem logical.
It’s about as logical as firing a coach 2 games in to a season, or an administrator willing to take a paycheck from a school system but not send his kids to school there

The incompetent admin at SR got rid of 2 dedicated hard working coaches this past fall. They are completely fine with people filling those jobs that just want an extra stipend. As long as the next guy keeps the booster club happy, they will keep him forever. Winning is hard enough to come by down in good ole Moneta and because of the admins actions they won’t get a quality candidate. Probably going to be an owner of a vape shop, some dude that has a garage band, a JV coach with no experience or someone who has been fired from multiple jobs.Oh and the head principal will head to JF or the board office as fast as a job opens. Enjoy.

Do you really think the SR administration is really that incompetent????

What administrator in their right mind would even consider a coach who owned a vape shop with the vaping epidemic in schools today?

Are you going to tell me next that they will hire a construction worker with no teaching license? Go whine somewhere else...

Reactions: Jags101
Vape shop? Construction worker? There is no way a Principal who is “ so invested in the community” would miss on this golden opportunity to hire a slam dunk coach. Or is the possibility of hiring a slam dunk coach impossible without a slam dunk admin. Which is not present at SR top to bottom

It’s about as logical as firing a coach 2 games in to a season, or an administrator willing to take a paycheck from a school system but not send his kids to school there
Coaches get fired in season every year, And there are plenty of teachers and Admin that receives paychecks from a school district their children don't attend. I don't see any of that affecting the coaching position that is open.

Reactions: aw19752
Like I said I'm out of this conversation. I'm not from that area and don't know much about the program. I'm sensing that most of the comments are getting personal.

I personally have never heard of a coach getting fired during the season unless a Law was broken. Maybe that was the case here. Haven’t heard that rumor. From what I understand this past seasons troubles is a microcosim of the entire athletic dept. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out. I hope whoever takes over will still run that corky offense they had success with. Definitely some talent coming up. I don’t see how next years squad finishes any worse than 6-4.

Reactions: Hoosiernation18
I personally have never heard of a coach getting fired during the season unless a Law was broken. Maybe that was the case here. Haven’t heard that rumor. From what I understand this past seasons troubles is a microcosim of the entire athletic dept. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out. I hope whoever takes over will still run that corky offense they had success with. Definitely some talent coming up. I don’t see how next years squad finishes any worse than 6-4.

From 0-10 to 6-4 in one year, that's a big jump

Reactions: lyhsports
That has to be fake news. Confederate Flag maybe. But not The America Flag. For what reason could this be justified. No way. I’m sure the community would have been outraged at such a move if made public.

Hopefully they have some good candidates for the kids sake but I'm sure they had a more limited applicant pool. I'm sure good potential candidates didn't even apply with them canning a coach 2 games in. Most coaches will say it takes time, 2-4 years, to rebuild a program when it's clear that that time will not be given.

It's a little crazy to think of the perception of this job opening from last off season to this off season.

That has to be fake news. Confederate Flag maybe. But not The America Flag. For what reason could this be justified. No way. I’m sure the community would have been outraged at such a move if made public.
It had to do with Confederate flag to start, but then the principal made the kids take American flags down too so they organized a big flag rally. It was on the news. Not sure if this is same principal or not.

Hopefully they have some good candidates for the kids sake but I'm sure they had a more limited applicant pool. I'm sure good potential candidates didn't even apply with them canning a coach 2 games in. Most coaches will say it takes time, 2-4 years, to rebuild a program when it's clear that that time will not be given.

It's a little crazy to think of the perception of this job opening from last off season to this off season.
100% on the administration.

Still no hire? What a shame for the kids. Wonder if the board failed to approve someone with no license, no teaching experience, and no varsity coaching experience? What a mess.

Is the Staunton River job being kept hush hush or do they really not know who they are hiring? The county closed the position two weeks ago which usually means they have their potential candidates. Who have they interviewed? School board meeting is this Thursday.

Probably waiting on a teaching position to pair the coaching job with. Having a HFC in the building is a must. The job of a HFC starts when the bell rings to start the day at school not when the whistle blows to start practice. Hopefully hear something soon. I know the kids are probably working hard in the weight room this offseason and it will be a huge motivator for them to see who they will be playing for next season.

Reactions: VA2208
Who are these qualified coaches who do not have teaching licenses?
Hiring construction worker who only experience is JV football to run program.
Who are these long time assistants coaches with teaching licenses- did they apply for the job? Or are they just waiting to stab next coach in the back

JF has their job listed on the county website. It look tremendously different than the listing for the SR job just a few weeks ago. JF goes into greater detail and the qualifications for potential applicants is much higher. Shouldn’t there be some equality in the hiring process from school to school in the same county? The admin at SR clearly didn’t spend the time on the listing as JF. Hopefully this didn’t hurt the applicant pool. Hopefully we can get a slam dunk hire.

Last edited:
SR please hurry up and hire a coach. We need to get back to talking about things of importance. 36 threads on this topic? Didn’t SR go 0-10 last year?

It just sounds like these post are all personal. Qualifications mean nothing, The coaching staff at the beginning of the year at SR were Qualified for the position and look where they are now. It takes more than Qualifications to be a good coach.

It just sounds like these post are all personal. Qualifications mean nothing, The coaching staff at the beginning of the year at SR were Qualified for the position and look where they are now. It takes more than Qualifications to be a good coach.

So then what do you say to the coach that isn’t even qualified? Trust me when this hire is announced everyone will be saying “Who?”

Just another move by the powers that be that show they care nothing about success just wants everyone to “be happy”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT