ADVERTISEMENT

Stuarts Draft 27 Glenvar 0

Watched this earlier today on NFHS. Don't need the snow off the field to show me that Draft is not just good, but very good. I watched Appo, Draft, Union, Graham, Central, and Ridgeview along with Tazewell and RIverheads. I think the best team I watched in week one is a tie with Draft and Central. The losers in some of these games are also very good. I think Tazewell, Richlands and Ridgeview are all very good. Teams are going to have serious issues moving the ball on Draft, Appos, and Centrals defenses.

I expect Draft to be really good this year.
The Raiders have A LOT of work to do to get themselves in the mix for the year. Not having Coach Smith is a HUGE hurdle. Coach Castello is burning the candle hot at both ends and other coaches have stepped up but, you cant simply fill that hole.

Lots of positives for Draft this year. I look for them to be explosive on O and have a lockdown D. Cant wait to see them on a dry track with all their weapons in place. Should be fireworks for sure.

I am interested in seeing if Draft is as good as last year. They lost 2 big time seniors, a top lineman and their quarterback. Those 4 players are tough to replace but they have a lot back. They did get a transfer from Wilson who will play a big role. This season feels really out of whack with limited preseason practice, limited games and and just an all-around uncertainty with the school system in general. It really is a shame not be able to attend the games in person.

@WilsonFootball, I think Rothgab will help on both sides of the ball. He is a great athlete with high football IQ. The young man Draft has playing QB can spin it so I look for them to be capable of utilizing their WR/SE without significant drop off to be honest. Not sure he is the running threat from that spot they have had in the past but he has that skill too. I really look for them to be stout all the way around and a tough out once the playoffs start. Shame that Buckingham Co isn’t playing, they had some pieces that were impressive and I would like to have seen that matchup in April.

Reactions: Bo Bob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT