ADVERTISEMENT

Stuarts Draft vs Riverheads

Let's not be mad at me Mr Gunz . Your team is very good this year and I wish them the best . I think sometimes the coaches and players should let there play do the talking and keep their pie hole shut. I was close enough to hear what was being said and the Refs had enough of it . I think the talent on both teams was even. Maybe coaching may have been the difference ? Let's bring two trophies back to Augusta Co.

Why didn't you wish us luck when we played for a State Title??? You wished we all died in a plane crash or something at the time... Are you getting all sentimental in your old age??

Let's not be mad at me Mr Gunz . Your team is very good this year and I wish them the best . I think sometimes the coaches and players should let there play do the talking and keep their pie hole shut. I was close enough to hear what was being said and the Refs had enough of it . I think the talent on both teams was even. Maybe coaching may have been the difference ? Let's bring two trophies back to Augusta Co.
how did u get that close to the field, did u use your stimulus money and buy the 100 dollar tickets that people were supposedly selling them for, both teams should make a good run in the playoffs, quote a old rhs teacher, defense wins championships buds

Ok fella whatever you say. I know that everyone here believes you that you were in the ONLY spot to be able to hear it, while at the same time hearing something just a bit before on the other end of the field.

I couldn't care less what your opinion of the game was, whether it agreed with me or not. Sure, I would have liked to have won the game, but me saying something has ZERO to do with that.

You jump on here a few times a year, run your mouth trying to be slick, etc. Sometimes bragging about Riverheads (which is fine), sometimes speaking negatively about them (which just shows your trolling and stupidity), and mostly just to say something negative about other schools/teams.

Last I will say about it to you for sure, it is utterly AMAZING how you could be the ONLY person to have been there to hear something. You notice, I never ONCE said that something wasn't said, because I do this thing called TELL THE TRUTH. But it's OK we all believe you.

Oh, and PS Mr. XCross, from MANY Riverheads fans, you are specifically mentioned as giving you guys a bad name. And there is no wonder why when you do things like this (as in bad mouth an entire team off the actions of 1 alleged incident), not to mention cursing and trying to start a fight with a coach a few years ago, and trashing Wilson a few years ago about some music (and NO, not just saying something about the music, but trashing the whole school/program).

As for me, I am moving on to bigger and better things than going back and forth with you when all you want is to degrade. Peace out fella

Fact is Everybody hates a winner . Not a one time winner but one that wins over and over and over ! Riverheads is your Alabama, New England or maybe Duke and they will continue win until all you haters get on board and cheer them on. Try a little reverse fanning if you will . Gunz , please get a life ! Have a nice Easter and don't let me spoil your dinner . LOL

As you know, when you are on the chain gang you are closer to the action than the "average" fan. NO other way to hear what the opposing coaches and players are saying by standing on the track on the RHS side. The penalty occurred on the SD side of the field and IF the RHS fan on this thread heard what the player said he must have super hearing ability or was near the action...standing with rowdy SD fans or on the field in some capacity.

Fact is Everybody hates a winner . Not a one time winner but one that wins over and over and over ! Riverheads is your Alabama, New England or maybe Duke and they will continue win until all you haters get on board and cheer them on. Try a little reverse fanning if you will . Gunz , please get a life ! Have a nice Easter and don't let me spoil your dinner . LOL

That could be true for others, but I don't hate Riverheads, I certainly don't hate the other Riverheads posters, and I don't even hate you.

I strongly dislike a troll. See man, if you brought some kind of real substance here, even if I disagreed then that is fine. But your whole objective is to talk crap about others, including your own coaches/players at times. And wouldn't you know it, this guy who "hates" you so much took up for them then.

All of you goes beyond a football game. Those come and go every year, whether a team is 10-0, 0-10, 6-0, 5-1. But you questioning a High Schooler and the coaches based on some notion you have made up is asinine.

But let's just use the assumption that something was said (even though you changing your narrative is a bit telling). But I can stipulate that for arguments sake. How does that in ANY way cast an aspersion on the KID or the team? Or are we to believe that Riverheads (or ANY other program) hasn't had a player say something?

But let's use some FACTUAL evidence to sully your argument. Since Riverheads is the winner that everyone hates, you would say they have been very successful right? So why in the world would SD go off suddenly on this night, when at the time they had given up 5 First downs (one of which is the Personal Foul that has been said was a TERRIBLE call), and 0 points? Hmm, doesn't fit your narrative does it?

Or better yet, whatever your feelings on it is, we are supposed to believe that with 500 capacity that you were not only able to get in, weren't in your normal spot, but was in this EXACT spot to hear something?

Happy Easter

Well, after watching the game online I was really surprised at the outcome. From the perspective of I don't like either of you and being totally wrong about the final score, I will add my two cents.

SD- Why was the playcalling so horrendous? Outside of a single play did you really think you could run right at them from the single wing? That was a wrinkle that I hadn't seen but I actually thought spreading them out and throwing the ball some was your best chance. I know the wind was blowing 100 mph in Fisherville so I assume that was an issue in Greenville.

Red Team- You turned the ball over more than I have seen you do in years. I said before that would be the only thing to keep this game close and it did. You guys didn't look at all like the team I have seen twice. Granted it was against a very good team but I thought you might put it in the air once or twice which didn't happen.

Smiley's fumble recovery was a terrible call. That should have been a TD no questions. To be down you have to have possession and you can watch the replay over and over, you will never see possession other than when 8 had the ball headed to the endzone.

That by rule should have been pass interference. Terrible non-call. The illegal shift was a false start actually even though they didn't know the correct signal for the penalty.

Personal foul and all that mess that lead to the TD. I saw nothing that would have been a personal foul other than a shove from the Red team. Granted, none of us have any clue what was said but emotions run high, and at that point in a game like this, you have to let some of that go. It can not play a factor in the outcome unless it absolutely needs to be called. We will never know the answer to that one because there are 2 sides to that story.

I have to say the officiating has been really bad this year from what I have seen but I do not like to complain about it that much because they are having a really hard time finding officials. You can tell most are clueless though so I hope they can address this. An increase in pay or something needs to be done. A game like this officials need to stay out of the way and call the game correctly. But, officials did not win or lose the game. They changed the score. The problem is they missed some really big calls.

Very enjoyable game to watch from a defensive standpoint. Both offenses seemed to play not to lose more than win.

Good luck in the playoffs to two very good teams. Wish we could have played both of you later in the year but other than that enjoy the run. We have an +1 game with a very athletic William Bryd team this week so I hope we can match up against them and have a good showing to end our season.

I didn't respond all year, even when you were saying SD had no chance, Riverheads could name the score, that all kinds of IFs happened that Wilson could be with or beat SD.

BUT, after reading this post, I have to question whether you in fact even saw the Stuarts Draft/Wilson game. You certainly didn't if you believe that you had never seen that "wrinkle" before. That is the same thing SD ran vs. Wilson a lot of the time.

As for your analysis of the game, while I may disagree, that is something that can be subjective so that is OK.

The RHS fan that claims he heard what was said by the SD player -

1. Didn't actually hear what was said as he was on the RHS sideline and his statements are conjecture

2. Was standing on the SD side near where the penalty occurred. Now that makes no sense. As big of a fan as the RHS fan on here is, I can see them having their car decorated with RHS flags on his car, stickers, and heck, even a license plate that probably says "GoGla8ers" or "Red Pride". So being on the SD sideline, again, makes no sense.

3. Was on the chain gang.

I didn't respond all year, even when you were saying SD had no chance, Riverheads could name the score, that all kinds of IFs happened that Wilson could be with or beat SD.

BUT, after reading this post, I have to question whether you in fact even saw the Stuarts Draft/Wilson game. You certainly didn't if you believe that you had never seen that "wrinkle" before. That is the same thing SD ran vs. Wilson a lot of the time.

As for your analysis of the game, while I may disagree, that is something that can be subjective so that is OK.

It was an observation that I had from seeing you both. I did see you live. You did not run that offense other than maybe a few plays and I didn't notice it. A younger kid was the QB and could spin it even before your backups started playing. Cobey did not play in the game because he was hurt and you ran superpowers and threw the ball over the top a few times. We had blown assignments everywhere on offense, defense, and special teams, just like against Riverheads. We have changed a lot of positions since then and the coaching staff has done a great job. The kids have learned the defense now and are playing with intensity. I never said we would win but I can guarantee against both teams we would have a better showing than early in the year.

My opinion is still the same, I believe the better team won. I still think both teams did nothing on offense to win the game but played field position and allowed mistakes to determine the outcome. I can't say that was the wrong decision on either side because both teams are solid on D.

It was an observation that I had from seeing you both. I did see you live. You did not run that offense other than maybe a few plays and I didn't notice it. A younger kid was the QB and could spin it even before your backups started playing. Cobey did not play in the game because he was hurt and you ran superpowers and threw the ball over the top a few times. We had blown assignments everywhere on offense, defense, and special teams, just like against Riverheads. We have changed a lot of positions since then and the coaching staff has done a great job. The kids have learned the defense now and are playing with intensity. I never said we would win but I can guarantee against both teams we would have a better showing than early in the year.

My opinion is still the same, I believe the better team won. I still think both teams did nothing on offense to win the game but played field position and allowed mistakes to determine the outcome. I can't say that was the wrong decision on either side because both teams are solid on D.

Again, I will have to question whether you watched the game, maybe you were watching the JV game?

Yes, the younger kid played more than Thursday, but he played a total of 2 plays in the 1st quarter. And SD ran both the Pistol and what you want to call a Single Wing in between.

Secondly, Mr. Rothgab most certainly played against Wilson. He got hurt during the game.

I really have no issue with you or anyone else having a different opinion, but when you put false information out, you should be held accountable.

If you had just replied with your assessment, wouldn't have gotten a peep out of me.

Coby played 2 or 3 plays and had one carry. He was hurt the week before. That is a fact. Were YOU at the game? Maybe you did run the direct snap more but you also used the passing game. You also ran a lot of motion. That is not false information. Basically, ALL you did against Riverheads was try to run into the middle of the defense and it didn't work. That was not the offense used agasinst us. I think I know the difference between JV and varsity and speaking of that, these same Seniors dominated your Seniors in JV in the 9th grade without Coby who was on varsity at the time. You aren't calling anyone out. One thing I will add since you decide to correct me and accuse me of not even seeing the game, most of the parents and those around Wilson during the mid 2010's would rather see Draft win. Most of the players I talked to were glad Riverheads won because you guys do and always have talked a lot. Just look on social media and the reactions from your community, It's a small world and we all know each other... The Refs didn't lose that game for you by the way. Riverheads doesn't turn the ball over 3 times in most games and my opinion still stands. They are a better team than Draft. Better playcalling and using the skill players you have might have made a difference. Honestly, I don't care which one of you won the game.

I guess we just have different definitions of inadvertent whistle. I'm saying that whether or not he was correct on the call, he called the ball dead. So his whistle wasn't inadvertent, just that maybe he had the wrong call to begin with. By the official call, whether he blows his whistle or not, Riverheads was going to take over at the same spot.

But since you want to keep looking at that 1 play, here are the others.

Well then, maybe go back and Watch the Personal Foul (3 sec left in 3rd quarter, there COULD have been one, ON RIVERHEADS, SD did absolutely nothing wrong there, while a RHS player hit someone after the whistle. In fact, not a peep from ANYONE about anything.

Now the very next play (after the field flipped) there is the encroachment and unsportsmanlike on the same play. I'm not on the field, so I won't pretend to know If and what he said (unless Mr. X who just wants to run his mouth). I will say that the encroachment is EXTREMELY close.

Now is one of those that we may see differently. Doesn't mean I am right you or wrong or vice versa. But the "non fumble" on the SD sideline certainly looks like he wasn't down when called that way. But I can even let that slide.

About 4 minutes later, a long run by Cook Cash was negated by a hold. I looked and looked and didn't see it.

Now, to the biggest call not made, and since both are saying how poor the officials were shouldn't surprise me, but they missed a HORRENDOUS PI. 1. He was hit before the ball got there by a good bit, but you don't have to even look that close. In HS football, you cannot face guard/remove field of vision. And that happened.

Now, are these calls pretty damning in my book? Yes. Did they cost SD the game? Nope. Unforced mistakes really hurt them.

Anyway, again great game and Good Luck to Gladiators moving forward, even though I'm not sure they need it.

NFHS changed the face guard rule back around 2017.
From the 2020 NFHS Football Rule Book....NFHS Pass Interference rule 7-5-10 indicates that "Face guarding (without contact) in and of itself is no longer considered an act of forward pass interference."

Wrong...this senior group at SD beat WM in the JV contest. As a matter of fact, WM moved up 10th graders that game and still lost....26-6.

Coby played 2 or 3 plays and had one carry. He was hurt the week before. That is a fact. Were YOU at the game? Maybe you did run the direct snap more but you also used the passing game. You also ran a lot of motion. That is not false information. Basically, ALL you did against Riverheads was try to run into the middle of the defense and it didn't work. That was not the offense used agasinst us. I think I know the difference between JV and varsity and speaking of that, these same Seniors dominated your Seniors in JV in the 9th grade without Coby who was on varsity at the time. You aren't calling anyone out. One thing I will add since you decide to correct me and accuse me of not even seeing the game, most of the parents and those around Wilson during the mid 2010's would rather see Draft win. Most of the players I talked to were glad Riverheads won because you guys do and always have talked a lot. Just look on social media and the reactions from your community, It's a small world and we all know each other... The Refs didn't lose that game for you by the way. Riverheads doesn't turn the ball over 3 times in most games and my opinion still stands. They are a better team than Draft. Better playcalling and using the skill players you have might have made a difference. Honestly, I don't care which one of you won the game.

Look man, you are honestly reading what you want out of posts to try and fit your narrative.

But since you want to do that and continue to change what you said, and bring up irrelevant facts, lets look at what you said.

For #3, yes he played in the 1st quarter and then didn't afterwards. But you are COMPLETELY WRONG on the number of plays he played. This is VERY simple sir, easily verified, up until he came up limping, he was on DEFENSE, you know maybe you don't consider that playing, but I certainly do. But either way, you previously said that he DIDN'T PLAY again Wilson. So there is false statement #1.

2. I have no clue whether you were there or not, I assume you were, and the JV comment was being sarcastic because you had easy details wrong.

3. Exactly what does your JV beating SD have to do with this year Exactly? Congratulations, your JV won a game?

4. You obviously are taking this calling you out comment to heart. It's the same thing as if I had come on here and said something incorrect about Wilson, I would think you would like for it to be correct. And I really couldn't care less who Wilson was/wasn't rooting for. Just like I bet you don't care that in every game besides SD and Waynesboro that I was hoping Wilson won. You seem to have some kind of perceived animosity against SD, even when you have said many times on here that SD hates Wilson more than Wilson hates SD.

5. Please point out where I said anything CLOSE to the officials lost SD the game. Because guess what pal, I can specifically point out where I said that they DIDN'T. But sure, we can go with your version.

6. Now, since you keep wanting to give me your analysis of the game, sure RHS usually doesn't fumble the ball 3 times. Now, tell me which 1 wasn't FORCED? I'll wait...

You see, maybe just maybe SD had even a LITTLE something to do with that?

But OK, I stipulated that usually doesn't happen.

Now, is it normal for a highly ranked team to have 3 turnovers and a handful more almost TOs with snap issues? I would suspect not.

7. Let's just go ahead and use your opinion that Riverheads was better. Were they "not close, name the score, etc" better? Because that was your talk before the game. And from your talk now, it sounds like you are making the case that if SD had run the same thing they did against Wilson that they would be better than Riverheads. But then again, you saw what they did against Wilson and thought they were going to get blown out, so that logic seems off. But hey, what do I know????

Oh, and PS. You might want to be a little nicer, I may have been the only one on here who wasn't a bit surprised Wilson beat Gap. It may have been a blowout, but I saw that Wilson had a load of potential

Totally off subject:

PM won the Boys Class 1A State Championship in Basketball, and NOT one of you guys called or congratulated me (them) one time on this site! That’s totally unacceptable!

All jokes aside guys (Not joking about the State Championship we won it) it’s a sports blog, let’s be grateful we live in a country we can have back and forth banter, (for now) two GREAT programs that played a GREAT competitive game, I watched it, TWICE, and I don’t have “a dog in the fight” I know some of the young men on RHS, Spencer played baseball with them. Coach Floyd from SD is a former Blue, and Spencer has competed against some of the SD players on the court in AAU, and he has the utmost respect for them.

My point is, I’m just grateful, you should be as well, that these young men get the opportunity to play this game they love. I’m grateful my son Spencer had the opportunity to play the game of basketball, the game he loves this year, we didn’t know! Enjoy the ride guys, and I hope and pray both SD and RHS win it all, and that’s coming from a BLUE!

Happy Resurrection Day - God Bless!

Well by memory I will admit I was wrong on the JV score, it was when they were in the 8th grade. I will definitely give that correction. The only reason I brought it up was you made a sarcastic comment about me watching a JV game instead. You are correct that has nothing to do with now. But you did remind me now being called cheaters for bringing down 2 kids who hadn't played a down on Varsity. I guess I need to fact check all my fact checkers when responding to a post. Vapreps will probably ban me for fake news now.

Did Coby get hurt the previous week's game? I know the family. It was a comment more towards you beat us that bad even without him but since I do not know the exact number of plays I am making something up to fit a narrative. Granted I do not know how many plays he was on special teams or defense but from memory, he only played 3 plays on offense that I remember and it wasn't with him split out at wideout. I am very happy that he is healthy now and I was glad to see him contribute Thursday. You are the one who decided to hop on here and say I didn't even go to the game and it was exactly what you ran against us. That is why I am even bothering to respond to you. My comment was the play calling was not the same as when we played. A lot has to do with I am sure you didn't have to. But, the playcalling for Draft against Riverheads, (IN MY OPINION) was suspect at best. I felt you had more weapons that could have been used. That is the only reason for my comment as I am sure there was a reason the staff thought that gave them the best chance. I have only seen you play twice and one was this week on tape. I saw Riverheads twice live and once on tape. That is where my observation came from. A different team requires a different gameplan, and I personally thought it was not the best offensive effort to give your kids a chance to win. I also said (IN MY OPINION) Riverheads was too conservative on offense as well. Draft had more than enough chances to win and the other team didn't look unbeatable as I have seen them before. So good job.

I never said you posted anything. I said social media from the community. No one can control that but it's out there. I don't have to or need a reason to fit a narrative. It's a message board and I enjoy talking football.

Gotta edit real fast before I am done with this thread. No way you saw potential when we played you. It was a clown show wasn't even the same team. Have a good day.

Reactions: Mike777VSP
Well by memory I will admit I was wrong on the JV score, it was when they were in the 8th grade. I will definitely give that correction. The only reason I brought it up was you made a sarcastic comment about me watching a JV game instead. You are correct that has nothing to do with now. But you did remind me now being called cheaters for bringing down 2 kids who hadn't played a down on Varsity. I guess I need to fact check all my fact checkers when responding to a post. Vapreps will probably ban me for fake news now.

Did Coby get hurt the previous week's game? I know the family. It was a comment more towards you beat us that bad even without him but since I do not know the exact number of plays I am making something up to fit a narrative. Granted I do not know how many plays he was on special teams or defense but from memory, he only played 3 plays on offense that I remember and it wasn't with him split out at wideout. I am very happy that he is healthy now and I was glad to see him contribute Thursday. You are the one who decided to hop on here and say I didn't even go to the game and it was exactly what you ran against us. That is why I am even bothering to respond to you. My comment was the play calling was not the same as when we played. A lot has to do with I am sure you didn't have to. But, the playcalling for Draft against Riverheads, (IN MY OPINION) was suspect at best. I felt you had more weapons that could have been used. That is the only reason for my comment as I am sure there was a reason the staff thought that gave them the best chance. I have only seen you play twice and one was this week on tape. I saw Riverheads twice live and once on tape. That is where my observation came from. A different team requires a different gameplan, and I personally thought it was not the best offensive effort to give your kids a chance to win. I also said (IN MY OPINION) Riverheads was too conservative on offense as well. Draft had more than enough chances to win and the other team didn't look unbeatable as I have seen them before. So good job.

I never said you posted anything. I said social media from the community. No one can control that but it's out there. I don't have to or need a reason to fit a narrative. It's a message board and I enjoy talking football.

Gotta edit real fast before I am done with this thread. No way you saw potential when we played you. It was a clown show wasn't even the same team. Have a good day.

Potential has nothing to do with how you played a certain day to me, it's what is there that can happen.

And for 1, I didn't say anything about the JV game from back then, that was someone else, so I certainly am not the one who referenced 10th graders (and that isn't cheating anyway).

As far as #3, yes I do believe he was hurt against BG, but you do have to realize how some of your comments look to be changing your narrative? The offense thing, and then saying he didn't play, then saying played 2-3 plays, etc.

As for the never posted anything, you obviously were replying to my post without replying directly. So when you say, " The Refs didn't lose you the game by the way", exactly how should I take that?

You can disagree with my thoughts on the game, you can think I have ZERO football knowledge (even though I suspect you don't, may even know me) , heck you can even lump me in with every other fan, but you can't say that everything I have said isn't something that is backed up by evidence.

All I can say is aside from the things that have been mentioned is that it appears that your posts are trying to qualify earlier posts about SD. That may not be your intention, but it is how it appears.

And I will clarify one thing in case it came across wrong, me saying I didn't care about your assessment of the game isn't me saying that if you disagree you are wrong, that you have no knowledge, or that your opinion isn't valid. The reason I said it was that having a different position on these games has nothing to do with these posts.

Have a good one. Happy Easter

You guys won't quit will ya. And yes I knew face guarding is only longer PI (without contact) but couldn't locate the rule the other night when I posted.

Next time I will have ear plugs ! lol or just turn off my hearing aids.

Next time I will have ear plugs ! lol or just turn off my hearing aids.
u must have some really powerful hearing aids, jer needs those, where u get them at he got his from salem at va office and still cant hear, i think yall must have went to school together, he keeps asking about ya, i told him no more clues here lately

u must have some really powerful hearing aids, jer needs those, where u get them at he got his from salem at va office and still cant hear, i think yall must have went to school together, he keeps asking about ya, i told him no more clues here lately
Family Dollar has them ! Ask for the Red Pride brand . You can hear a whisper @ 1000 yds

Family Dollar has them ! Ask for the Red Pride brand . You can hear a whisper @ 1000 yds
jer wants to know if he can help u with the chain gang, that would be one way he could get to watch the game live, instead of youtube

Chain Gang ? Not sure what you mean ?
u said u could here everything the draft players were saying, so u had to be close, so close meaning u are a chain gang member, pops wants to join so he can get to watch the game in person

u said u could here everything the draft players were saying, so u had to be close, so close meaning u are a chain gang member, pops wants to join so he can get to watch the game in person
I am so old there is no way I could be on the chain gang . Tell Jer I said hey and maybe we should get together like old times . Try those Red Pride Hearing Aids, they are awesome !

I am so old there is no way I could be on the chain gang . Tell Jer I said hey and maybe we should get together like old times . Try those Red Pride Hearing Aids, they are awesome !
will do he has been trying to get together with you like old times but cant find you, since u are the augusta countys hide and seek champion, he has seen bigfoot, but has not seen xcross, he has stimulus money to take u out to eat, let him know when and where his treat

My great great grandson gave me a ticket to last weeks game . I could not make it up the bleachers so I wheeled my way over to the Drafts side and trolled the fence. I learned some vocabulary from that bunch like you would not believe ! Hearing aids are the trick . When this covid thing is over we will eat @ Pink Cadillac Diner.

My great great grandson gave me a ticket to last weeks game . I could not make it up the bleachers so I wheeled my way over to the Drafts side and trolled the fence. I learned some vocabulary from that bunch like you would not believe ! Hearing aids are the trick . When this covid thing is over we will eat @ Pink Cadillac Diner.
pink cadillac aint in greenville no more

It's just South a few miles on I 81
come on xcross, u aint that old to have great great grandson, i heard they still playing volleyball at spottswood, that is on the way to pink cadillac, heard they have some elvis burgers there, make sure u go to draft on the way and pick up gunz 41 and then head on up, they close at 7, hope u have a cab on the tractor

come on xcross, u aint that old to have great great grandson, i heard they still playing volleyball at spottswood, that is on the way to pink cadillac, heard they have some elvis burgers there, make sure u go to draft on the way and pick up gunz 41 and then head on up, they close at 7, hope u have a cab on the tractor
Might be a little cramped for space ! We can just drag ole Gunz along behind. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT