ADVERTISEMENT

The Battlefield for 21 October

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
It’s week 8 and the third round of Battlefield District play. Last week thinned the herd and we have the District Championship focused on two. Don’t be surprised if that focus gets modified over the next three weeks. It takes one loss and one win to change the “who” and the batting order. Let’s set this week up.

Caroline (0-2) @ Chancellor (2-0)

Caroline just worries me plain and simple. They have a lot of athletes and appear to be getting better every week. I would not go to sleep on the Cavs for anything! They are on the verge of making a statement. Chancellor played a very, very good game against JM this past week. The D stepped up to the plate and the O amassed another large chunk of yards. This team is really coming together. If I could voice any complaints on the JM game it would be 1) 2 penalties pretty much kept them from a shutout (penalties HURT!) and 2) when in the red zone, you have to score. The Chargers lost a TD due to a pick and then had to settle for a FG in another trip to the red zone. Fortunately, the Chargers have probably the best kicker in the area so that’s was a lock. Rest assured the Chargers know that and are continuing to work. This week, they have to stay focused and on track. The Chargers are one of the two in the lead for the BDC and Caroline would love to knock them off. Won’t be the Cav’s week though. Chancellor gets the W.

Courtland (1-1) vs King George (2-0)

So, here is one of those “possibilities” to change the current layout of the Battlefield District Trophy run. Courtland ran all over Spotsy this past week. Honestly, that doesn’t tell me much. King George is looking at a pretty good test here. Courtland is improving every week in typical Cougar fashion and they certainly have the goods to shake up the Foxes. Probably the game of the week in the Battlefield. I am going with the math on this one. King George is the other one of the two in the lead for the BDC and they get the W.

James Monroe (1-1) @ Spotsylvania (0-2)

JM does not have a bad football team. They are lacking in some of the skill positions this year but they know that and doing a great job working around it. They ran into a Charger D this past week that just wasn’t going to let them have their way. Spotsy, well, I need to take a trip out to Post Oak and see what is going on. They have been on an uptick and getting better until this past Friday when they let Courtland run all over them. Come on Knights! Get on the field and play like you know you can! JM is stinging from the loss and as much as I hope Spotsy brings their A game, I wonder if it’s possible. JM gets the W. One last word on this one … Knights, you are a better team than a 64 point loss shows. You need to get on the field and prove it!

That sets up the week. Keep in mind, counting this week, you have three more weeks of regular season play. Get out there and cheer your favorite team on!

Good luck to the coaching staffs and teams this week. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Even before I made this account I enjoyed reading these recaps and previews. No bias whatsoever in them! Great reads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT