ADVERTISEMENT

The Battlefield for 27 October

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
Week ten is here! That means only one more week of regular season play. This season has just flown by. The Battlefield has taken on a strange shape with one team a clear front runner, one team in second and a whole slew setting up the possibility to tie for third. The good news is there is no shortage of talent throughout. There are still very competitive games to be played. Let’s look at this week.

Caroline vs Courtland

Caroline is very much improved over years gone by. And they should be. Absolutely no shortage of talent in Caroline County. Courtland is putting on a late season charge. This is twice I have seen them go 0-4 and then come on like gang busters. This game will be a lot more competitive than most think. The Cav’s are on the verge of making heads turn. Don’t think they will overcome the Cougars charge this week. Courtland gets the W.

Chancellor @ Spotsylvania

Spotsy is another team that has progressed quite nicely over their performances the last few years. Watch out for these guys! Chancellor beat Caroline last week but their sloppy play in the third almost dealt them the L. One of the hardest working squads I have seen for the Chargers. They know what they have to do to cap off their season and that work has already started. Graduate 20+ seniors, have a new coaching staff with a new system, play a schedule that is arguably the most difficult in the Battlefield, lose 3-4 starters for most of the season due to injuries and come out with a 3-7 season? Yea, the Chargers will take that. Spotsy is tough but I just don’t see them derailing the Chargers. Chancellor gets the W. Yes, this is game 10 for the Chargers. Their Bye week is week 11.

Eastern View @ JM

Folks, JM is tough. But, Eastern View is not going to be challenged until they get to game 2 or 3 in the playoffs. Be nice to see the Jackets TCB but not this week. Eastern View gets the W.

King George Bye

The Foxes take this week off. They’ll cap their season next week.

Week 10! That means only one more week of regular season play. Get out and support your team! You are just about out of time. The hard work and dedication of the players and coaching staffs have to be seen!!!

Reactions: 1Gensfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT