ADVERTISEMENT

The biggest week of the season in the Seminole

Aug 12, 2016
Seminole/Dogwood
First, let me thank you for reading these posts. I am a huge fan of the Seminole district and try to highlight every team and matchup. Week #9 brings another exciting week of football and the crowning of a district champion.

The Battle for Bedford County (Seminole edition). Jefferson Forest 2-6 at Liberty 1-7. Staunton River has proven to be the top dog in the county, but these two teams would enjoy some bragging rights. Both teams have struggled with injuries and other issues this season. They each play with a passion and fire. The winning team would ignite a positive spark going forward. Should be a great inner county match up.

The Battle of the Burg.. EC Glass 6-2 @ Heritage 4-4. The old city rivalry game will happen Thursday night. The Pioneers have suffered some difficult heartbreakers this season losing the last two games by one point each. The 4 total losses have been by a combined 11 pts. Glass has found lightning in a bottle and has enjoyed a tremendous turn around from last season. Both teams need the win for playoff points, but would enjoy having beaten their crosstown rivals even more.

Seminole Title Game. Rustburg 7-1 @ Amherst 7-1. For what it's worth, this game is for all the Seminole marbles. Borrowing a famous line, "To be the man, you have to beat the man." That is a daunting task for the Red Devils. The Lancers are a very good team, and have one of the best home field advantages of the district. Amherst lost their QB/leader in Turner a few weeks ago, but that hasn't slowed their momentum much. The backup has stepped in and lead them in back to back wins. The Devils are coming off the bye week, and are poised and ready for what lies ahead. They will bring a tough defense and power running game with them in what is sure to be a great game.

Good luck to all teams this week, and again thank you for reading.

Reactions: aimhighveteran
If Amherst wins and loses to Appo but then Rustburg beats Glass it's a tie... I'm taking Rustburg again this week though; goes to Amherst and wins another close one for the title, 23-19.

EC Glass impressed me Friday night as I went to that game... Defense was fast and got to the QB multiple times and picked off a pass to seal the game with under 1 min to go. This game is usually Heritages but after losing a few close ones I'm not so sure.
I gotta go with my gut and say Glass wins 27-22.

Last but not least I'm just gonna go ahead and pick another upset that Liberty wins this one... JF lost their #1 & 2 backs and had trouble moving the ball last week as Glass just loaded the box afterwards. Liberty showed some good flashes dog offense against bees... Going 33-10, Liberty.

If Amherst wins and loses to Appo but then Rustburg beats Glass it's a tie... I'm taking Rustburg again this week though; goes to Amherst and wins another close one for the title, 23-19.

EC Glass impressed me Friday night as I went to that game... Defense was fast and got to the QB multiple times and picked off a pass to seal the game with under 1 min to go. This game is usually Heritages but after losing a few close ones I'm not so sure.

Last but not least I'm just gonna go ahead and pick another upset that Liberty wins this one... JF lost their #1 & 2 backs and had trouble moving the ball last week as Glass just loaded the box afterwards. Liberty showed some good flashes dog offense against bees... Going 33-10, Liberty.

Typically, the first tie breaker is head to head. That is why I believe this week is for the Seminole title. If Rustburg wins they would have 0 losses with one district game left and all other teams would have at least 2 losses. If Amherst wins they finish the season with one district loss. . If Rustburg beats Glass both teams would be tied, but Amherst would have the title via the tie breaker Appomattox is a OOD game for Amherst and is sure to be a great game.
Of course, all of this is basically for team bragging rights

Had a bad week last week (1-2), but I'll give it another shot this week in the spirit of fun

Heritage 35 Glass 21
JF 28 Liberty 16
Amherst 31 Rustburg 24.
playing in Amherst is tough, add Homecoming onto it and it's David vs Goliath. Rustburg is good, but it seems like the deck is stacked against them this week.

First, let me thank you for reading these posts. I am a huge fan of the Seminole district and try to highlight every team and matchup. Week #9 brings another exciting week of football and the crowning of a district champion.

The Battle for Bedford County (Seminole edition). Jefferson Forest 2-6 at Liberty 1-7. Staunton River has proven to be the top dog in the county, but these two teams would enjoy some bragging rights. Both teams have struggled with injuries and other issues this season. They each play with a passion and fire. The winning team would ignite a positive spark going forward. Should be a great inner county match up.

The Battle of the Burg.. EC Glass 6-2 @ Heritage 4-4. The old city rivalry game will happen Thursday night. The Pioneers have suffered some difficult heartbreakers this season losing the last two games by one point each. The 4 total losses have been by a combined 11 pts. Glass has found lightning in a bottle and has enjoyed a tremendous turn around from last season. Both teams need the win for playoff points, but would enjoy having beaten their crosstown rivals even more.

Seminole Title Game. Rustburg 7-1 @ Amherst 7-1. For what it's worth, this game is for all the Seminole marbles. Borrowing a famous line, "To be the man, you have to beat the man." That is a daunting task for the Red Devils. The Lancers are a very good team, and have one of the best home field advantages of the district. Amherst lost their QB/leader in Turner a few weeks ago, but that hasn't slowed their momentum much. The backup has stepped in and lead them in back to back wins. The Devils are coming off the bye week, and are poised and ready for what lies ahead. They will bring a tough defense and power running game with them in what is sure to be a great game.

Nice article

Reactions: newleather

Aopomattox is not in the Seminole, Friday is for the title no matter what happens the last week.

Had a bad week last week (1-2), but I'll give it another shot this week in the spirit of fun

Heritage 35 Glass 21
JF 28 Liberty 16
Amherst 31 Rustburg 24.
playing in Amherst is tough, add Homecoming onto it and it's David vs Goliath. Rustburg is good, but it seems like the deck is stacked against them this week.
Yeah Amherst was one of those picks I believe. Glad you picked them this time

Reactions: aimhighveteran

I think Liberty will beat JF as well but not sure about the Glass/Heritage game yet

Reactions: onereddevil4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT