ADVERTISEMENT

The Dogwood and James River Districts?

Dogwood 1)Appo 2 )WC 3) Gretna 4) DR 5) Chatham 6) Avista 7) NC Appo will be good again not state team but always well coached and just have more playmakers . WC is going to surprise a lot of people this year! big upfront tone of skill guys . Gretna has speed and athlete's all over place but there oline has been bad last couple of years . DR always a wild card they have always have good players but nobody point them right direction. Chatham they change so many coaches every year you don't know what you going to get out of them. Avista new staff Not alot of size and and bench. NC they just NC

Graduation hit the top two teams in the JRD from last year pretty badly in Lunenburg and Buckingham. I agree a bit of a mystery. However in Dogwood, while there is a mystery within the league with a lot of teams, the Raiders haven’t dropped a Dogwood contest since 2014. Until they do, they’re the favorite
The real explosiveness of our talent were underclassmen last year. We have a boatload of talented fast players. How they use them is the mystery. I coached every kid from varsity to jv from the last 6 years and this group from the seniors now to the freshman was the most talented group I had period. I know what they have. Not sure if they do. When have you ever in the history of Buckingham seen a whole class of freshman taken to varsity? WHOLE CLASS. Not suit up on Friday and play JV on Wednesday, I'm talking strictly varsity. That tells you what we have.

The real explosiveness of our talent were underclassmen last year. We have a boatload of talented fast players. How they use them is the mystery. I coached every kid from varsity to jv from the last 6 years and this group from the seniors now to the freshman was the most talented group I had period. I know what they have. Not sure if they do. When have you ever in the history of Buckingham seen a whole class of freshman taken to varsity? WHOLE CLASS. Not suit up on Friday and play JV on Wednesday, I'm talking strictly varsity. That tells you what we have.
BC, The talent on that team, size, speed, athleticism was rivaling Graham and Appomattox when i saw em 2 yrs ago. I was left thinking that if BC had Smith or Palmer as HC, the would be able to compete for state titles like Appo and Graham. I'm betting the talent this year isn't any different. On offense, just no screens, misdirection, no use of the getting speed in open space. I was left thinking what if.

Reactions: Bo Bob
BC, The talent on that team, size, speed, athleticism was rivaling Graham and Appomattox when i saw em 2 yrs ago. I was left thinking that if BC had Smith or Palmer as HC, the would be able to compete for state titles like Appo and Graham. I'm betting the talent this year isn't any different. On offense, just no screens, misdirection, no use of the getting speed in open space. I was left thinking what if.
You're exactly right

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT