ADVERTISEMENT

The final eight

Ok ok. I've seen enough video now of teams that I haven't seen in person. . No really great team, just a lot of really good teams.
My assessment: if you started this eight team tournament three different times you would probably get a different champion each time. There just isn't more than a touchdown difference between all 8. Tournament will be decided by turnovers , injuries, kicking game, and great athletic plays. Good luck to all.

Reactions: mbonape1
Ok ok. I've seen enough video now of teams that I haven't seen in person. . No really great team, just a lot of really good teams.
My assessment: if you started this eight team tournament three different times you would probably get a different champion each time. There just isn't more than a touchdown difference between all 8. Tournament will be decided by turnovers , injuries, kicking game, and great athletic plays. Good luck to all.

I completely agree with your assessment. Love the bolded statement. This is as wide open as Class 4 has ever been. Last few years their have been a few standout teams that were just a notch above the rest. Everybody left has talent but they all have flaws and weaknesses as well. Who do you think squares off for the title?

Reactions: mbonape1
Isn't that what any game is decided by? Lol I'm just giving you a hard time. I actually agree with you.

I completely agree with your assessment. Love the bolded statement. This is as wide open as Class 4 has ever been. Last few years their have been a few standout teams that were just a notch above the rest. Everybody left has talent but they all have flaws and weaknesses as well. Who do you think squares off for the title?
If you put a gun to my head and mademe pick
Woodgrove, Blacksburg, EV, Lafayette
Blacksburg, Lafayette
Lafayette

But if I get all those right I'm planning a trip to Vegas. Just not much difference in these teams

This is a tough list to choose from but I will give the edge to E.C. Glass. They play in the best district in football and they have Woody. Hard to pick against him and they just rolled over JF.

Reactions: wikki
Of those 8 teams, I like Blacksburg, EC Glass, Woodgrove and Lafayette. I think this game coming up with EC Glass and Blacksburg is going to the a thriller. I like the winner of D vs the winner of A at Williams Stadium. Still plenty of football to go!

So glad its back in Lynchburg. I made the drive to Williamsburg last year, it wasn't bad but Liberty is 10 minutes away from me:D
I should be in Salem this year covering the C1 & C2 games for Virginia Preps because I live 2 miles away from Salem Stadium. (since the Spartans are not playing in the finals)

I grew up in the Rustburg area about 5 miles away from Williams Stadium and my parents still live there.

I also have good friends that live about 10 minutes away from Zable Stadium in Williamsburg.

I enjoyed the games in Williamsburg because I got to see my friends, but I do like that the VHSL moved them back to Lynchburg. (so if the Spartans make it back soon I'll get to visit my parents while in town)

Reactions: SFUWO and 1Gensfan
This is a tough list to choose from but I will give the edge to E.C. Glass. They play in the best district in football and they have Woody. Hard to pick against him and they just rolled over JF.
I agree I pick Glass

Reactions: SFUWO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT