ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on KW/K&Q 77-0 rout

I don't think you know who the Stone Cold CAV is. He started for Brookes on Varsity as a 10TH GRADER and was a starter for 3 years both ways as a Guard AND Defensive End. Sounds like you are looking for WrestleMania challenge DOWN in Beckley,WV. Go hide and get off of here because these Old Timers are on your trail, The Rut is in.Stay in KQ don't come across the water.

I dont think you know who I am, not that it really matters.... its not a pissing contest, and wrestling? I'm good. Disgruntled, you sound just as your name is stated....

No the Stone Cold Cab is the same idiot who has been sending me private messages on FB. Least you finally decided to post in public. I know exactly who this is because the grammar and content is the same. But sounds like you're making threats now. And this ladies and gentlemen is one of your current coaches. And you wonder why so many people have issues with this program.

So, we can all agree to disagree and move on right? Is Tuesday Night SmackDown over? .... seriously though.... 2pt conversion when the score is 48-0?

No heat here. Let's take Hell in the Cell to Strasburg on Friday

Scenario...KW is down by 8 in late fourth quarter at Strasburg. They drive and score 10 seconds to go they are down by two.....maybe they should have practiced a two point conversion....It is about getting ready for the playoffs.

I have been on a receiving end of a butt kicking like that. The worse thing you can do for the players who are getting their butts kicked is take a knee or ease up. I would rather take you best shot then have you whip my butt and you held back. IMO

This post was edited on 11/11 4:08 PM by Stone Cold Cav

This post was edited on 11/11 4:45 PM by Stone Cold Cav

This post was edited on 11/11 4:45 PM by Stone Cold Cav

If they're down by 9 though that'd still put y'all down by 1 if you make it though. Lol. Hopefully y'all will be up. I think yalls strengths match their strengths and their run defense isn't very solid. I'm predicting a KW win this week.

Yep, that KW math education gets me again or my typing on the smartphone is that bad. I will correct it. Thx

This post was edited on 11/11 4:49 PM by Stone Cold Cav

Question..

My thing is this, there are two types of running up the score: There is type 1, where a team runs it up because they don't have the depth OR because they're practicing plays to get ready for a playoff run. Then there is type 2, think of Hampton during the 90's when they'd run it up to make a mockery of other schools and then talk lots of trash on top of it.

Which type is King William?

I've seen Parry McCluer get the stuffing smacked out of them quite a few times over the years and I know people took offense to James River throwing the ball on them one year when the Blues only had 12 kids on the team. James River ran/runs a pass heavy offense and were gearing up for a playoff berth that year. I wasn't offended by that at all. Now, I can also remember a game in the late 90's where Covington was up big on the Blues. PM had a special needs kid they would put in at the end of games when the other schools, or us, were downing the ball to run out time. Covington took it on themselves to fake the knee and run the ball to his side of the field, wipe him out, and score a TD with their starting RB. They then faked the extra point and ran him over again for the two point conversion. Did I mention there was 6 seconds left in the game when this happened? See the difference between the two?

And yea, screw Brad Morton (Covington coach at the time), wherever you are.

Paddin Stats

I think it has less to do with with running up the score and more to do with getting numbers for certain kids and breaking records. I've seen a lot of this lately. I am not a fan of this. If a kid is good enough to play at the next level, someone will notice, especially at the 1 and 2A level. KW could certainly benefit from some stiffer competition, but they enjoy beating up on teams who have for decades fielded teams with less than half the players than KW normally has. Leaving players in to get reps is BS, playoffs or not. None of the starters are going to get any better playing inferior competition. The only way anyone gets better at anything is by being challenged, and if your scoring on almost every play your not being challenged. That dog don't bark for me.

Do I agree with running the score up no I dont ! But as a coach for the other side of things we knew going into this what the paper said and knew that we would have to stop the scoring because we knew they were not going to stop! When you only have barely even a second string going against a team with twice as many or heck even three times it catches up to you! King William played their game do I agree with the starters being in the second half no ! I believe their second string should have been in , I mean you are up 50-0 on a team that is 2-7 at the time! But will say as a former player for KQ this was nothing new ! I remember playing teams that had been up big and just because we drove down would put their first string back out to not let us score! Where do you draw the line is the question ? My opinion is if your up big half time put your second string in and if a team can't stop them then I wouldn't say it's running up score now when a team leaves their starters in or puts them back out there then yes they are running up the score! I recall though the paper said they would like to jump districts to northern neck but didn't King William lose to two northern neck teams? But good luck to King William in the playoffs!

I've got no problem with some of their fans complaining about the coaches running up the score. They weren't saying KW coaches were bad coaches or didn't have a proper game plan etc., they said it was embarrassing to watch them run up the score. I think it shows a lack of class and sportsmanship but should anyone get fired because of it - no. They need to be reminded that its wrong and told it shouldn't happen again. The argument that they need to play their 1st stringers b/c of playoffs to keep in game shape is bogus. You don't get in game shape on Friday nights by having 1 & 2 play drives and beating up on way inferior opponents - all you get is an inflated ego about how good you are. If the 2nd and 3rd string get in there and continue the domination then so be it.

Ohhhh you gotta love that KW Edumacation.... no seriously, I see the point, just dont agree with it and it frustrated me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT