ADVERTISEMENT

Threatening Weather for State Finals Weekend

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
I wonder if there is a contingency plan in effect yet for next weekend's state championships. The Roanoke area especially looks terrible from about Wednesday through Sunday, so they might have trouble getting all the various events played that are scheduled for Radford.

No such problem for Tuesday's quarterfinals but after that, it looks rough.

Immediately after posting that question, I noticed that they now show the Group 1-A baseball semis AND finals as being in Pulaski. Wasn't it originally supposed to be Pulaski then Radford? When did that change?

I looked on the vhsl web site it still has it listed as Calfee park on Friday and Radford on Saturday. Also it shows cross bracket is this right or does the winners of the a&b games play each other

Baseball 215:

First of all, you are a smarter fellow than I am if you can find ANYTHING out on that VHSL website. So if you or anyone else can link the brackets that would be nice, because I would not only like to know times and locations, but would be interested in knowing who plays who and when.

My information above comes from the Shenandoah District website. When you click on Riverheads, it says that play CB at home Tuesday at 5, as someone has just posted above, but it also says that the semi final for Riverheads (If there is one) would be Friday at 1:00 in Pulaski, and that the finals are also in Pulaski on Saturday at 1:00. So that is why I was asking if it had been moved from Radford.

Scratch my last rant. I checked the VHSL website again and had no trouble at all finding the brackets. Wonder if they just put them up today????

Anyway, it does confirm that the RHS game (If they get by CB) would be at 1:00 in Pulaski on Friday against the Auburn/Chilhowie winner. And as you said, the website also still lists the title game as being in Radford at 1:00 on Saturday. So apparently the Doah website is in error.

Now all we have to do is make through the 3 inches or so of rain that they are calling for in that part of the state....

Hey long timer the cross over is new to me the last time they did the cross over was 2011 when we played page for the title since the two a& b winners played each other not sure that is right or not

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT