ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer "Portal"

Discuss opinions, no name calling.
Thanks Mike. Everyone has their opinion about teams, coaches, offenses and defenses, blah blah. I am looking forward to Christmas coaching at Amherst this year and so is the players and community. Time will tell, but after last year at least we have something to look forward to. Just need to positive and supportive

Reactions: mike salem
I've been told by a coach at Amherst they have a hell of a class coming. It's going to be a while as they are 7th-9th grade right now. Hopefully Christmas will stay long enough to see them off. I hope Christmas can instill some of the values in the youth programs that previous Amherst head coaches have so it's not such of a big shock once they get to j.v. I hope this post is still here in 4 years to see if the youth holds true to their potential.

To play defense well you must tackle and I’m sure most schools don’t do live tackling in practice daily anymore. Injuries and science have contributed to the shift but if you don’t work on tackling you can’t be good at it. It’s an old school approach but you gotta love to hit to play defense...hit or be hit.

I've been told by a coach at Amherst they have a hell of a class coming. It's going to be a while as they are 7th-9th grade right now. Hopefully Christmas will stay long enough to see them off. I hope Christmas can instill some of the values in the youth programs that previous Amherst head coaches have so it's not such of a big shock once they get to j.v. I hope this post is still here in 4 years to see if the youth holds true to their potential.
True I heard that also. Christmas has already met with some of the Youth. That is what Abell did at Amherst. That is why they were so successful during his tenure, he started that youth program

True I heard that also. Christmas has already met with some of the Youth. That is what Abell did at Amherst. That is why they were so successful during his tenure, he started that youth program

Actually, Crouch started the youth program, along with the winning tradition and culture at Amherst that has been stripped away in recent years

Not sure what that means, just pointing out that Abell didn't start the youth program. He walked into a ready-made situation to win. Amherst is so far from those days it's unreal
He still implemented it, not sure what happened after that. We need to get back to those days.

What youth program Abell started?

Not sure what that means, just pointing out that Abell didn't start the youth program. He walked into a ready-made situation to win. Amherst is so far from those days it's unreal
I agree Abell didn't start the youth program..Crouch was a big factor in building both the youth programs...Abell made it stronger by including youth coaches in meetings and High School activities and creating farm system with everyone having the same system..After Abell left the youth programs suffered with corruption and greed(atleast 1 of the programs)..Now Amherst might only have 1 youth program this year after the stuff that has happen under Phillips watch..

I agree Abell didn't start the youth program..Crouch was a big factor in building both the youth programs...Abell made it stronger by including youth coaches in meetings and High School activities and creating farm system with everyone having the same system..After Abell left the youth programs suffered with corruption and greed(atleast 1 of the programs)..Now Amherst might only have 1 youth program this year after the stuff that has happen under Phillips watch..
I am old but I played for both organizations in the mid 80's so neither one of the started the youth program but may have improved the organizations. The Bruins had a very strong and successful youth program back in the day.

Reactions: VolNation85
I am old but I played for both organizations in the mid 80's so neither one of the started the youth program but may have improved the organizations. The Bruins had a very strong and successful youth program back in the day.
Yes Sir..Never said Crouch started it but made it revelant..Just hard to believe Amherst has 1 program now after the Phillips era..Leadership is needed

Yes Sir..Never said Crouch started it but made it revelant..Just hard to believe Amherst has 1 program now after the Phillips era..Leadership is needed
That was my point without naming names. Leadership is needed. Abell was very successful with the Youth program and the high school teams. He was very involved with all of it. I know Christmas is on the right track to get it back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT