ADVERTISEMENT

Tunstall at GW tonight

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
Who y’all got? GW playing good ball and tough to beat at home. Trojans on a 7 game win streak. Tunstall looks a little bored right now. IMO they overlooked Chatham, MV and Bassett (close games until the 4th quarter) for tonight’s game.

Game already sold out for those thinking about going but don’t have a ticket.

Reactions: btowenatc
Who y’all got? GW playing good ball and tough to beat at home. Trojans on a 7 game win streak. Tunstall looks a little bored right now. IMO they overlooked Chatham, MV and Bassett (close games until the 4th quarter) for tonight’s game.

Game already sold out for those thinking about going but don’t have a ticket.
Hopefully it won't be canceled. Supposed to be some winter weather coming in, but I saw it doesn't drop to 32 degrees until midnight or later.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Game should be moved to Averett IMO.. Only 50 tickets left, 2 tickets per person and tickets will more than likely be resold for $10+. Why limit this game to 1k people when you could easily have 3k at the game.

Reactions: Playmaker915
Game got cancelled. Hopefully they can get a make up in. Game should definitely be moved to AU.
I’m hearing it’ll be played the week of February 7th.

You are right. Holding tickets for just parents and students is a detriment for both teams. 1. You can’t control your environment come playoff time. Looks like both teams will have to travel for rounds 2-championship unless there’s some upsets. 2. College scouts are watching both teams. Only selling a very limited number of tickets to the public could possibly hinder them coming. 3. Averett wants the area schools to play at the Grant Center. It’s free recruiting. I can see Tunstall playing there if they host in the playoffs.

Game is February 10. Averett charges a lot to use their place. GW will be getting a new gym so that will solve the crowd issue. GW has sellouts in the 60s when Martinsville and Husky Hall came to town.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT