ADVERTISEMENT

Tuscarora's Offense

I don't see bird having much problem tackling him he may get a few yards though I think if bird defense bends and doesnt break they will be fine. Rashard Ashby will be all over the place

I am a BW fan but have a tremendous amount of respect for Reimers. He is an awesome back. I have heard people ding him for not being fast but he always seems to be pulling away from people in his film and every time I have seen him this year. Plus, the kid is a work horse. I wouldn't blame him even if he looks a little slower in the 4th quarter because the kid probably has about 40 or so touches a game. If Bird's defense swarms to the ball like last year, then they have a chance to contain Reimers. But if they don't gang tackle Reimers, he will make them pay. Also, I don't think Reimers has played a lot of defense this year, but he is a heck of a DB. I would not be surprised to see him pressed into double duty next Saturday if necessary.

I am a believer in their scheme, I think their line is sharp and fundamentally sound. I also know you'd better wrap up Noah and hope some help is coming fast.

Amazing balance, even more amazing is his OL

Most of his runs, he isn't touched until he's 5-7 yards past LOS. His OL is very fundamentally sound, open up creases just big enough for him to run through. May be the best OL in the state. Don't get me twisted though, he's got great vision, read's his cut back lanes very well. He's Coleman Fox with more balance, I think Fox may have him beat with his change of direction. Not by much by slightly. Reimers ability to shrug off tackles is better than Fox though. Remiers may be faster, hard to tell though. Kid is very impressive. Where's he going to college?

This post was edited on 12/10 12:05 PM by one man

Rod, most every play I saw in that video you posted had them in a Pistol formation with a fullback & running back. I only saw one or two plays run from I-formation under center. I've not seen them live this year, so I'm taking this from that video alone. Doesn't seem like I-formation much at all unless the video is misleading.

Originally posted by WP02alum:
Rod, most every play I saw in that video you posted had them in a Pistol formation with a fullback & running back. I only saw one or two plays run from I-formation under center. I've not seen them live this year, so I'm taking this from that video alone. Doesn't seem like I-formation much at all unless the video is misleading.
The game that I saw them live, they were under center as well. Use both quite a bit.

Same concepts.
This post was edited on 12/10 12:34 PM by VaPrepsRod

Originally posted by VaPrepsRod:

The game that I saw them live, they were under center as well. Use both quite a bit.

Same concepts.
This post was edited on 12/10 12:34 PM by VaPrepsRod

Gotcha. Did notice one of the highlight video plays was a power I-formation with two fullbacks. And it's pretty cool how the pistol with a fullback backfield is essentially a variation on the I-formation. Very smart to incorporate those two as your base sets since they are so similar.

Re: Amazing balance, even more amazing is his OL

what I like about him is that he'll make think twice about trying to tackle him, he gets behind his pads really well if need be and makes you pay

Wow. He is smooooth. He doesn't look like he is running that hard until he runs over you. He has hops too as evidenced by the hurdling of the upright defender. That O-line does a good job of giving him at least a small hole or edge and he takes full advantage. Saturday will be interesting to see how LC Bird stacks up.

hudl says he's 5ft 11 weighs 200lbs and runs a 4.56 40 yd dash..I like his running style.Very fluid with good vision.Good O Line, definitely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT