ADVERTISEMENT

Union @ Ridgeview

19GHS87

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 10, 2016
This is a big game with big ramifications in Region D.
Union is 4-2 with losses to Graham (1 point) and Science Hill (very good 6A school in Tennessee). Ridgeview is 6-0 and are winning games by large margins. The knock on them is that they haven't played a strong team yet. We will find out tonight if Ridgeview is a paper tiger or not. I would give the edge to Union because of the tougher schedule and I think that will prepare them for the level of competition. Very interested to see how this one plays out. If anybody is trying to find a game to watch, this would be a good one. It will be broadcast on wcyb.com and possibly on NFHS network.

I watched the game on the WCYB live stream.

Union winning wasn't a surprise but the ease with the dispatch of the Wolves was a shock.

I'm looking forward to what may well be Part II this season of the Graham/Union rivalry.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Virginia High may be a dark horse in the SWD. They are improving each week and a couple of their best athletes just returned from injury and they showed out last Friday. Lebanon is undefeated in Region D and play Graham this week. I believe the results will be similar to Union - Ridgeview. Graham should win by 3 or more scores.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT