Unofficial Playoff Matchups

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
Region A:

(4) Amelia (3-3) at (1) Nottoway (3-0)

Rematch from 4/2. Nottoway won 28-0

(3) Poquoson (2-2) at (2) King William (4-0)

A game that was cancelled.

Region B:

(4) Buffalo Gap (3-3) at (1) Stuarts Draft (5-1)

Rematch from 3/5 that Stuarts Draft won 30-0

(3) Page County (4-1) at (2) Strasburg (5-1)

Rematch from 3/26 that Strasburg won 14-7

Region C:

(4) Radford (4-1) at (1) Appomattox (6-0)

(3) Glenvar (4-2) at (2) Dan River (4-0)

Region D:

(4) Union (4-2) at (1) Graham (5-0)

(3) Tazewell (3-2) at (2) Central Wise (4-1)

Discuss if you want

Impressed with Radfords win today. That matchup with Appomattox will be interesting

Reactions: oldfool2
I think it will. After the Glenvar loss, I wrote that if we make it into the playoffs and get past the Covid issues, we would be able to play with Appo this year if we meet. I still believe that. This Radford team is very talented and capable. If we play our A game like today, we could possibly create a problem for Appomattox. If we play like we did against Glenvar, they will run through us like nothing. I think this Radford team is to good to get whipped up badly in Region C this year. We will see soon.

We were far better prepared today for Richlands compared to last season when they whipped us pretty good. The team had a fantastic couple of days of practice and seems to be clicking to their potential. This is why I thought we would beat Richlands and equally important, we matched Richlands physicality which is always solid. Appo is certainly physical. I think for a team to beat us pretty good, even Appo, they will have to put it in the air to have success. Even Glenvar with our turnover prone game, our front 7 is very, very tough against the run and it's going to be tough for team to just line up and run the ball right at us.

On the SWVA board, it is being written incorrectly that C is 1. Appo 2. Dan River 3. Radford 4. Glenvar.

I have recognized a few names on there, but I am not going to make an account just to tell someone they are wrong (I'm not THAT big of a jerk haha), so maybe one of you guys can pass that info along? @Fairlawncat @oldfool2 @BigWinners @19GHS87

I think it will. After the Glenvar loss, I wrote that if we make it into the playoffs and get past the Covid issues, we would be able to play with Appo this year if we meet. I still believe that. This Radford team is very talented and capable. If we play our A game like today, we could possibly create a problem for Appomattox. If we play like we did against Glenvar, they will run through us like nothing. I think this Radford team is to good to get whipped up badly in Region C this year. We will see soon.

We were far better prepared today for Richlands compared to last season when they whipped us pretty good. The team had a fantastic couple of days of practice and seems to be clicking to their potential. This is why I thought we would beat Richlands and equally important, we matched Richlands physicality which is always solid. Appo is certainly physical. I think for a team to beat us pretty good, even Appo, they will have to put it in the air to have success. Even Glenvar with our turnover prone game, our front 7 is very, very tough against the run and it's going to be tough for team to just line up and run the ball right at us.
Radford is going to be a formidable opponent for us no doubt. If we play like last time we played you it will be a repeat. I stil to this day say we brought our 7th grade team. Looking forward to you guys coming to the Bragg.

On the SWVA board, it is being written incorrectly that C is 1. Appo 2. Dan River 3. Radford 4. Glenvar.

I have recognized a few names on there, but I am not going to make an account just to tell someone they are wrong (I'm not THAT big of a jerk haha), so maybe one of you guys can pass that info along? @Fairlawncat @oldfool2 @BigWinners @19GHS87

Some fine folks over there, but no way I'm making the correction lightly . They aren't the folks to pick a fight with or even if not picking a fight, them guys play hard! I will take a look at it and post the correct seeding if not already done, but I will be very cautious in how I do!

Radford is going to be a formidable opponent for us no doubt. If we play like last time we played you it will be a repeat. I stil to this day say we brought our 7th grade team. Looking forward to you guys coming to the Bragg.

It will take a game where Appo doesn't have their A or B game to beat them in my opinion in Region C. I have not watched Dan River and could be floored. I just haven't seen them, but I do think Radford will bring it's A game against Appomattox. The concern is, if Appo brings it A or B game, that can be a problem. Time will tell. I just hope our kids play well. They certainly are motivated.

It will take a game where Appo doesn't have their A or B game to beat them in my opinion in Region C. I have not watched Dan River and could be floored. I just haven't seen them, but I do think Radford will bring it's A game against Appomattox. The concern is, if Appo brings it A or B game, that can be a problem. Time will tell. I just hope our kids play well. They certainly are motivated.
I fully agree with you. Lets hope all players go home safe and healthy. Wish i could extend our great hospitality to you but i doubt if i'll even have a shot at getting a ticket to the game. My boys have a week to get ready physically and mentally. After not playing any tough teams this year i hope my boys dont get shell shocked.

Some fine folks over there, but no way I'm making the correction lightly . They aren't the folks to pick a fight with or even if not picking a fight, them guys play hard! I will take a look at it and post the correct seeding if not already done, but I will be very cautious in how I do!

I could tell just from reading the past couple days. I originally went there to read about the playoffs stuff, but goodness, yea some of it seems vicious

I could tell just from reading the past couple days. I originally went there to read about the playoffs stuff, but goodness, yea some of it seems vicious
Ah they are just loud, it's not really that bad. I'll post it.

I think it was fixed. I wasn't meaning a certain post being vicious, some were that I read. Nothing wrong with it, but I might not have my SWVA twang down good enough lol
I enjoy riling some of those guys up, they take themselves very very seriously.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
But we all know there are those that feel they are the authority any all things football. It’s not just the SWVA board we have a couple over here too, lol. I admit I get heated at times but try to keep it on the light side.

I'm like Segeant Shultz, "I know nothing” . I truly don’t know much about finer points of football but I try to be lighthearted and contribute when I can. Others, know nothing but think they know lots, lol. If you think differently on the other board, they use your personal information to find you on FB. That person shall remain unnamed but only certain people have access to that info. That is totally uncool and unacceptable in my opinion.

Reactions: Raiders Radio
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT