ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Highland Springs/Thomas Dale scrimmage??

The scrimmage ended up being 6 to 3 HSHS. It was a controlled scrimmage to start. 10 plays O, 10 plays D. 2 series starters. Then 2 series second team same format. Then 7 plays each 3rd team and beyond.

Controlled first team saw HSHS have 1 huge run to the 1 or 2 but it was the 10th play. I'll nod that as a HSHS score. TD moved the ball in small chunks. Advantage HSHS

Game situation 2 quarters
Starters for a quarter, dead even. TD picked off a pass. Both teams moved the ball but stalled out. TD did reach the redzone once ,at the end of the quarter but threw a pick.

Second quarter
6 to 3 HSHS

Its not as lopsided as some would lead to believe, but hey, scrimmage talk gets some talking around the water cooler.

My take, HSHS was the better team and looked more sharp. Their second scrimmage so they should. TD looked better in the game situation than they did in the controlled part. They moved the ball on the ground in small chunks. (Old,school Dale) The wing T is gone and theyre running spread.

I'll say this, both teams are big up front on both sides of the ball and physical. Both teams have alot of speed too.

I'll let the Springer faithful indulge you in how great they were.

I’m guessing the Dale fan missed the HS score after the Dale FG. HS drove the field in big chunks.with their first team offense,and punched it in easily from the 1.

HSHS returned 16 starters from last year...that’s why they looked sharper! JS

The scrimmage ended up being 6 to 3 HSHS. It was a controlled scrimmage to start. 10 plays O, 10 plays D. 2 series starters. Then 2 series second team same format. Then 7 plays each 3rd team and beyond.

Controlled first team saw HSHS have 1 huge run to the 1 or 2 but it was the 10th play. I'll nod that as a HSHS score. TD moved the ball in small chunks. Advantage HSHS

Game situation 2 quarters
Starters for a quarter, dead even. TD picked off a pass. Both teams moved the ball but stalled out. TD did reach the redzone once ,at the end of the quarter but threw a pick.

Second quarter
6 to 3 HSHS

Its not as lopsided as some would lead to believe, but hey, scrimmage talk gets some talking around the water cooler.

My take, HSHS was the better team and looked more sharp. Their second scrimmage so they should. TD looked better in the game situation than they did in the controlled part. They moved the ball on the ground in small chunks. (Old,school Dale) The wing T is gone and theyre running spread.

I'll say this, both teams are big up front on both sides of the ball and physical. Both teams have alot of speed too.

I'll let the Springer faithful indulge you in how great they were.
HS's starters played the 1st series and the last series with about 3 minutes left on the clock. With the score 6-3, HS drove the length if the field and scored.
In tough competition, HS utilizes it's 1st team whole heartedly with the occasional substitute here and there. This group with the "occasional" sub here and there will be very tough to beat, hands down!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT