6:30pm airtime:
RADIO: Rejoice 101.3 FM 990 AM
WEB: RVASportsNetwork.com, RejoiceRichmond.com

ALEXA: "Play Rejoice Richmond!"
257846415_3018371015093356_3287775455737460606_n.jpg
257845429_3018371085093349_3965868748787004821_n.jpg
FEQsdH7XsAUnX6j

Last edited:
Is the football stadium at the school now? Or is it in the same area it was years ago? It’s been forever since I’ve went to a game there.

PH, Hermitage and HS were hands down Varina’s best opponents before KG. All 3 teams playing for their region championship. Yes, Varina was KG’s best opponent by 10 miles.

Congrats to Varina, I was wrong. Did KG have both of their best receivers?
Yes. KG needed to stick with the run game. It was dominant early but they went away from it, made some mistakes and then were playing catch up. As well the fake punt call in their own territory was a head scratcher.

Congrats to KG though, 3 years ago they were a 1-9. Since then 24-7, two district titles, 1 regional championship and 3 straight playoff appearances. Program seems to be trending in the right direction.

Yes. KG needed to stick with the run game. It was dominant early but they went away from it, made some mistakes and then were playing catch up. As well the fake punt call in their own territory was a head scratcher.

Congrats to KG though, 3 years ago they were a 1-9. Since then 24-7, two district titles, 1 regional championship and 3 straight playoff appearances. Program seems to be trending in the right direction.
If I'm not mistaken it was 4th and 22 I think that was the turning point of the game King George didn't make the fourth down and Varina went on to score after the fake punt and then scored again just before half

Reactions: 540HSfootballFan

To beat Varina you have to run the ball. That’s what PH did. HS was doing it earlier but gotten a way from it.

Not to take anything away from KG QB but he was the difference in the game. Had open WRs and didn't throw the ball and when he did he was late. Varina's d-line did come alive in the second half and dominated the pass rush. KG would have had a chance to win with better QB play.

KG had a great season, no doubt about it. So did Dinwiddie. They were the two best returnning teams in the region from last year. The wild cards were the new teams in the region this year who were class 5 last year and before. There was a whole thread awhile back wondering what the impact of their addition would be. We'll I think what we saw is that 2 of the 3 (the third was Atlee who also made the playoffs) were the two best teams: Patrick Henry and Varina. Varina only lost once this year and beat at least one of the teams playing in the Richmond area class 5 region championship. The team that beat Varina was Patrick Henry - going to be a good one with a lot of emotion this week. Varina is going to want to avenge that one loss. Have a good one!

Reactions: 540HSfootballFan
KG had a great season, no doubt about it. So did Dinwiddie. They were the two best returnning teams in the region from last year. The wild cards were the new teams in the region this year who were class 5 last year and before. There was a whole thread awhile back wondering what the impact of their addition would be. We'll I think what we saw is that 2 of the 3 (the third was Atlee who also made the playoffs) were the two best teams: Patrick Henry and Varina. Varina only lost once this year and beat at least one of the teams playing in the Richmond area class 5 region championship. The team that beat Varina was Patrick Henry - going to be a good one with a lot of emotion this week. Varina is going to want to avenge that one loss. Have a good one!

Pretty sure PH was in 4B last year, as I remember someone asking me to check out points at the end. I could be wrong though

Reactions: COTU and rainman17

Varina beat both division 5 teams playing for the regional championship they beat Hermitage and highland springs

Patrick Henry lost to Hermitage and highland springs

Not to take anything away from KG QB but he was the difference in the game. Had open WRs and didn't throw the ball and when he did he was late. Varina's d-line did come alive in the second half and dominated the pass rush. KG would have had a chance to win with better QB play.
I wouldn't necessarily put it on the quarterback Kings George defense only gave up 49 points in 10 games before meeting Varina. And averaging 40 some points per game. Varina has a very good secondary maybe I'm biase because I was a quarterback when I was in high school. Number 10 the quarterback for King George was running for his life most of the night and and getting up off the ground. Give him a little credit he took the team 10 and 0 in regular season

Reactions: LionNation540
Sorry I didn't realize PH was 4B last year. Seems odd that they moved in the middle of a cycle. Did they move two years ago? Great matchups this weekend in the Richmond area both in class 4 and 5. Can you watch them online? Have a good one!

Sorry I didn't realize PH was 4B last year. Seems odd that they moved in the middle of a cycle. Did they move two years ago? Great matchups this weekend in the Richmond area both in class 4 and 5. Can you watch them online? Have a good one!

They were at least the last 2 years (2019, 2021 Spring). Don't know about before then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT