ADVERTISEMENT

Varina (undefeated) at HSHS (undefeated) JV game....

springer76

VaPreps All District
Nov 21, 2008
Highland Springs, VA
If this game was any indication of the Varsity game on Saturday..... hold on to your hats!! This game tonight, Varina came in confident and full of energy! Springers same mindset!
The long story short of this JV game.... HS was in control from the opening kick! TOTAL domination!
They left no doubt! Defense was vicious! Offense was balanced and strong!
Final score HSHS 48 Varina 0
HSHS's 3rd undefeated season in a row. This team might be the best jv team in Springer history!
10-0. Outscored the opponents 533-12
9 shutouts. Henrico was the only team to score on the Springers in a 32-12 loss.

Reactions: SportsJunkie32
If this game was any indication of the Varsity game on Saturday..... hold on to your hats!! This game tonight, Varina came in confident and full of energy! Springers same mindset!
The long story short of this JV game.... HS was in control from the opening kick! TOTAL domination!
They left no doubt! Defense was vicious! Offense was balanced and strong!
Final score HSHS 48 Varina 0
HSHS's 3rd undefeated season in a row. This team might be the best jv team in Springer history!
10-0. Outscored the opponents 533-12 (actually 9 games played on the field. Lee Davis forfeited.)
9 shutouts. Henrico was the only team to score on the Springers in a 32-12 loss.

I too witnessed the game. HSHS JV made some confident decisions on 4th Down which was executed to perfection. If I recall they were 4 for 4 on 4th Down, one being a 4th & 15 fake punt. They kept Varina's Defense on the field and wore them down. HSHS JV would go undefeated in the Colonial District.

Highland Springs JV confused our loyal caller Keith from Smithfield on last Saturday's High School Sports Talk ...

https://omny.fm/shows/757-at-6/high...-school-sports-t?in_playlist=757-at-6!podcast
The HSHS JV team this year was the BY FAR the best JV high school team I HAVE EVER SEEN. They have numerous great athletes on this team but a few that stand out are... #3 LeQuan Bassett, #22 Jordan Jackson and #1 (they call his Buggs) Jones..... awesome... Here is some LeQuan video from the Varina game last Thursday....

Reactions: matthew328826
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT