ADVERTISEMENT

Vhsl

That’s what I heard also only makes since if things turn around and it’s safe to do get the kids out of house and involved in something

Best case scenario: The virus reaches its peak and starts to level off any day now or at the latest, let's say the middle of May. VHSL first and foremost allows the remaining basketball games to be played, which would only take a matter of two or three days to schedule and play. While that is going on, spring sports start to practice and are then allowed to have abbreviated seasons. I would also hope that the VHSL would rescind that statement they have already made that says there would be no state championships in the spring sports. After all I know of two schools in particular that have a score to settle! Spring sports would then be concluded (hopefully including playoffs) by mid to late July. Fall sports take over then, school starts back up and we put this whole nightmare behind us.

Worst case scenario: As some sources are indicating, we are just hitting the tip of the iceberg with this thing. Meaning that all those horrible things that are happening in other countries (overcrowded hospitals, doctors dying, etc.) will also come to pass here and things will get so bad that we cannot even think of resuming school or sports anytime in the near future.

Saddest part of all is that nobody knows. All we can do is each do our parts to stay as safe as possible.

Reactions: mmqp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT