ADVERTISEMENT

VISAA Ratings

Still not sure why Randolph Macon is listed as 3-2. Their game against Fishburne was never completed. The officials stopped the game for the field being unsafe due to the rain as the teams were walking off the field at halftime. A game is delayed and rescheduled if it is stopped due to field conditions. If not rescheduled, it would be a no contest or a forfeit if 1 team doesn't reschedule......

Is that acceptable for both coaches to say game over after only 2 quarters and the VISAA recognize it as a win for the team ahead? I have seen film of the game and I have seen many games held on a worse looking field than what they deemed as unplayable.

National Federation rules allow for the shortening or termination of any period or periods of a football game by mutual agreement of the opposing coaches and the referee in charge of the game (Rule 3-1-3). Unless the VISAA has a contradictory rule overriding NFHS-FB 3-1-3 (and I don't think they do), this was handled by the book. It might not have been the decision you, or any of us, would have agreed to. But our opinions on the matter and our observations of the comparative playability of the field, while interesting for sharing and discussion, don't affect the application of the rule on this game.

Reactions: mtnclmbr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT