ADVERTISEMENT

VSL Top 10 after Week6

lol I don't agree with this list at all
You know how political these polls are. They want to please everyone in the coverage area. I've seen North Cross, they are very good for a small private school program. But in all honesty, they only have 22 players, and if they were matched up with any of the Seminole teams they would get beat handily imo. They are only about 1/3 of the size of LCA. They are very good at the skills positions, but they don't have very many linemen and a lot of players play both ways. Their featured RB is a Freshman that transferred from Salem. He's a good player, but at most public schools he would be the featured JV RB.

I don't mean to denigrate North Cross or their accomplishments, (they have a good shot at a Title this year at their VISAA level) but Rustburg, EC Glass, Jefferson Forest, Heritage, and Brookville would all be better choices than NC.

I laugh at FFE's Super 7 poll as well, that dropped Salem out after the loss to Amherst and idk if they have made an appearance since. Too area politically correct for sure.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I do agree with the Top 4 on the list, not in that order however as I think Appo, Amherst & Salem could all beat LB... The bottom six doesn't make sense though... I understand picking teams in the viewing area, but Appomattox and Amherst are pretty far away from the other 8.

I think WSET does the best actual rankings for the area, (minus all the years of LCA being at the top) no matter the classification of the program it seems reasonably ordered in terms of team strength compared to others in the Roanoke & Lynchburg area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT