ADVERTISEMENT

Weather

rhsgrad

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 23, 2003
So has anyone looked at the weather forecast for Friday? It does not look like very good baseball weather and considering how far some of these teams will travel Friday could be a complete wash out.

All depends on where thia tropical system goes...looks like a possible use of Sunday--maybe.
Just a crowning glory to a season disrupted by the elements far too many times!

I just listened to the Wednesday night weather and Friday sounds like a soaking all day rain due to that tropical storm off the coast. I would think the VHSL would be very wise to make some decisions tomorrow (Thursday) and keep teams from making long trips and then having to just sit around and waiting until they can play their games. I don't claim to have all the answers, but they should at least be thinking about it.

Latest forecast from Blacksburg NWS office for Montgomery County/Pulaski/Radford:

Rest Of Today: Showers late this morning...then a chance of showers this afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds...becoming southeast around 10 mph this afternoon. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

Tonight: Showers likely with a slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 60s. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening...becoming light and variable. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Friday: Showers with isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Friday Night: Cloudy with showers with isolated thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 60s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Saturday: Partly sunny. A chance of showers in the morning... Then a chance of showers with isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Sunday And Sunday Night: Partly cloudy. Highs around 80. Lows around 60.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT