ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 Pick em Results

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
First off, let me say thank you for the great participation (41) and welcome aboard to the new posters and pickers! There were 8 GOW worth 2 pt (=16) & 8 games worth 1 pt (=8) for a total of (=24) possible points. Congratulations to DanvilleSportsHead for this week's win! For those that finished at the other end of the bell curve, don't give up. The first 2 weeks are always the most unpredictable. In Week 2 last year I scored a 6. (average for a normal week is probably 12 or 13) The weekly winner scored 15 that week, but I was able to claw my way back to barely lead at the end of the regular season. So anything is possible.

Generally speaking, we'll only have 1 GOW, but occasionally we may have 2 or 3 if the week warrants it. Week 1 was crazy with good match ups, so that's why we had so many this week. The format of 8 West & 8 East will continue. Inevitably we will probably have a week here or there that doesn't have enough good choices in 4A. In that case I may choose to throw a game or two in from 3A East & West (since 3A/4A is old AA- mid size schools) The same is true for GOW, it may come from 3A if there aren't any good choices.

With the overwhelming initial participation, I'll leave the playoff cutoff as TBD for now. At the end of the regular season ties for the playoff line will be broken by using the highest score in the final, week 11. If there is still a tie we'll continue to go back (10,9,8...) until the tie is broken.

PS, with the high participation rate and all of the GOW bonus, please double check your score to be sure your total is right. There was a late post and a late edit on Thursday that disqualified the Thursday picks for two pickers. Anyway if you suspect your total is wrong, let me know and I'll check it and make corrections if necessary. Thank you.

Week 1 Results:

DanvilleSportsHead 18
wikki 17
Gunz41 16
Shruikan 16
OCBoy 16
BleedingNavy 16
Daboyz19 16
ridge98 16
og charger 16
gladiators 01 15
shauntclair 15
salemfan32 15
Cats and Dogs 14
86CulpGrad 14
greyfox60 14
SpartanOfYore 14
mike salem 13
CowboyTodd 13
hamspear 13
bullrun25 13
cutnjump 13
obguthr 13
redzone4us 13
RowdyBB 13
SalemPride 12
HoosFan05 12
"First Down" 12
Salemgal 12
ClarkeFan83 12
close2salem 12
DinwiddieProud 11
Lafayette 11
LT93Bunny 11
insidedog 11
3nPunt 11
Snookasuperstar 11
New Guy 17 9
schoolboard 9
bigGriff 8
Lineheart 8
newleather 5

TY Mike. I realize what a pain in the neck this becomes during the season grind. It becomes a major chore that makes December not come soon enough. Really appreciate that I am the easy recipient of someone else's labor. TY again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT