ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2 thoughts!

VaSportsJunky

Silver Member
Aug 5, 2024
Just as many have said before the season Essex and Altavista are clearly the cream of the crop. Essex with a blow out win over Jamestown and Altavista showing GW there's levels tho this game. That Dec 6th matchup between Essex and Altavista seems inevitable, the only undecided factor is where will it take place.

Galax has had a tough schedule but failing to score a TD does make me question if they can make it back to Salem this year.

Rye Cove looking impressive with 2 60+ outing and now looking to make a statement against Honaker this week who bounced back this week after a week 1 Loss

Northumberland is off to a 2-0 Start and it seems like they will be right in the thick of things when it comes to the #2 seed in Region A.

Sussex bounced back to Top Lancaster in a surprising close game. The Lancaster program seems to be on the up swing.

Rappahannock showed that they wasn't a one hit wonder with an impressive win over West Point. Three horse race between Lancaster Rappahannock and Northumberland for the 2 seed in Region A

Buffalo Gap has crept into the chat getting off to a 2-0 start and staying under the radar. They may the only team that can give Altavista a challenge in Region B.

See the thing about GW is we get caught sleeping every single season early. Last year Radford got us the Grundy now with Radford we wouldn't have beat them if we played a second time. But with Grundy we blew them out and made it look easy the second time around. So the loss to Altavista while it looks bad at this point isn't a worry at all really this is what GW does. We get smacked early then come together mid way a roll on until we hit Galax lol. But to me anyway the Altavista loss is a good thing for GW shows the kids you're definitely beatable even with most saying you'll be in Salem. And it allows us to see where we're weak at an fix it plus we were down 2 of our starting O and D linemen not making excuses the better team won and they looked damn good doing it. #2 for Altavista might be the best RB in 1A that kid is impressive and plays the game they way it should be played he punches you in the mouth and begs you to come back for more.

See the thing about GW is we get caught sleeping every single season early. Last year Radford got us the Grundy now with Radford we wouldn't have beat them if we played a second time. But with Grundy we blew them out and made it look easy the second time around. So the loss to Altavista while it looks bad at this point isn't a worry at all really this is what GW does. We get smacked early then come together mid way a roll on until we hit Galax lol. But to me anyway the Altavista loss is a good thing for GW shows the kids you're definitely beatable even with most saying you'll be in Salem. And it allows us to see where we're weak at an fix it plus we were down 2 of our starting O and D linemen not making excuses the better team won and they looked damn good doing it. #2 for Altavista might be the best RB in 1A that kid is impressive and plays the game they way it should be played he punches you in the mouth and begs you to come back for more.
The kid from Altavista is a big boy. I remember him when Essex played them last year. Essex' RB Jaden Holmes is a speed back, but he's up there with top RBs in class 1 too. He has 10 TDs through the first two games. He missed the last 3 playoff games last season because of an injury, but he's a game changer at RB. Essex also has their own big RB in 6'1 230 LB freshman, Demetrius Stewart. He's the son of Essex great Lamar Stewart.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
I believe I saw in the paper a couple weeks ago that Steward is 6’3” 225lbs. Just got the local paper for today and saw that vs. 4A Jamestown, he had 16 carries for 209 yards and 1 TD, and 163 yards came during the 1st Q. Speed back Holmes had 14 carries for 162 yards and 5 TDs. When Bundy returns from injury, and with an O line averaging about 297 lbs from Tackle to Tackle ( all can move ) and TEs at 6’4” 210 lbs. & 225 lbs. that's going to be a mean 3 headed monster coming out the backfield for defenses to deal with…along with other capable RBs. On the other side of the ball, Essex D is solid again this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: kwhs95fan
I believe I saw in the paper a couple weeks ago that Steward is 6’3” 225lbs. Just got the local paper for today and saw that vs. 4A Jamestown, he had 16 carries for 209 yards and 1 TD, and 163 yards came during the 1st Q. Speed back Holmes had 14 carries for 162 yards and 5 TDs. When Bundy returns from injury, and with an O line averaging about 297 lbs from Tackle to Tackle ( all can move ) and TEs at 6’4” 210 lbs. & 225 lbs. that's going to be a mean 3 headed monster coming out the backfield for defenses to deal with…along with other capable RBs. On the other side of the ball, Essex D is solid again this year.
I’d be interested to see what they do with #3 Hence, the current QB, when Bundy returns. He’s got both speed and power.

Reactions: Essex Trojan1
Just as many have said before the season Essex and Altavista are clearly the cream of the crop. Essex with a blow out win over Jamestown and Altavista showing GW there's levels tho this game. That Dec 6th matchup between Essex and Altavista seems inevitable, the only undecided factor is where will it take place.

Galax has had a tough schedule but failing to score a TD does make me question if they can make it back to Salem this year.

Rye Cove looking impressive with 2 60+ outing and now looking to make a statement against Honaker this week who bounced back this week after a week 1 Loss

Northumberland is off to a 2-0 Start and it seems like they will be right in the thick of things when it comes to the #2 seed in Region A.

Sussex bounced back to Top Lancaster in a surprising close game. The Lancaster program seems to be on the up swing.

Rappahannock showed that they wasn't a one hit wonder with an impressive win over West Point. Three horse race between Lancaster Rappahannock and Northumberland for the 2 seed in Region A

Buffalo Gap has crept into the chat getting off to a 2-0 start and staying under the radar. They may the only team that can give Altavista a challenge in Region B.
You left out GW. Guarantee you that you haven't seen the last of them. I hear similar things about Galax last year. GW if they stay healthy, will win the west and the GW team that arrives in Salem will have a very reasonable chance of winning the game. The one team in the West thst could cause problems is Rye Cove. Their good.

You left out GW. Guarantee you that you haven't seen the last of them. I hear similar things about Galax last year. GW if they stay healthy, will win the west and the GW team that arrives in Salem will have a very reasonable chance of winning the game. The one team in the West thst could cause problems is Rye Cove. Their good.
Essex and GW was my preseason state championship prediction and I'm sticking with that. Rye Cove is indeed a tough team too and they'll give anyone trouble out west

That’s scary

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT