ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Matchups

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Game of the Week
St Christophers (2-0) at St Anne's-Belfield (2-0)
This is a short week for St Anne's-Belfield who defeated Christchurch on Sunday. STAB will try to use their running attack led by Javon Johnson and John Woodson who both had 100 yard games against Hargrave Military Academy. St Christophers defense has allowed only 10 points in the first two games with Paul Thompson recording 25 tackles. St Anne's-Belfield's defense is also stout with Chris Barry, Kareem Johnson, and Jalen Harrison. Expect a low-scoring contest between two undefeated teams.

The games between Norfolk Academy (2-0) and Trinity Episcopal (3-0) have been slugfest recently with the Bulldogs coming out on top the past two years. Both teams have wins over Greenbrier Christian but if that game serves as an indicator then Trinity Episcopal should be favored after Blake Bowen passed for seven touchdowns in the Titans win.

Bishop O Connell (0-1) will try for their first win when they host Fork Union Military Academy (1-1). The Knights new head coach Colin Disch had his first win taken away on a 51-yard field goal by Bishop Ireton kicker David Cooper with under a minute to go. Fork Union is 1-1 after defeating Goochland and losing to Georgetown Prep.

The D3 State championship run begins this week with several key games that could have playoff repercussions in November. Hampton Roads Academy is 2-0 and averaging 45 points a game while there opponent Atlantic Shores is also 2-0 after wins over Isle of Wight and Blessed Sacrament-Huguenot. Devone Humphrey and Bryan Hart lead the Navigators rushing attack while receiver Jordan Cannady and quarterback Ryan Chamberlain present a formidable passing duo.

Nansemond-Suffolk is the favorite to win the D3 title and they easily defeated the 2014 D3 state champion Fredericksburg Christian last week. They will try add the 2012 and 2013 D3 champions Virginia Episcopal to their mantel when the teams meet on Friday. Running back Noah Giles had 4 touchdowns on 6 carries last week. Virginia Episcopal defeated Covenant last week and look to avenge a 43-14 loss to the Saints last year.

Finally, two perennial playoff contenders meet in Roanoke when Christchurch travels to North Cross. Christchurch pulled away in the 2nd half to defeat the Raiders last year.

Vapreps Private School Rankings

Friday
Brunswick Academy at Isle of Wight
Collegiate at Benedictine
Fuqua at Kenston Forest
Hampton Roads at Atlantic Shores
Hargrave Military at Covenant
Portsmouth Christian at Richmond Christian
Roanoke Catholic at Auburn HS
St. Christopher's at St. Anne's-Belfield
St. John Paul the Great at Riverside HS
St. Stephen's & St. Agnes at Severn School
Trinity Episcopal at Norfolk Academy
Victory Christian at Massanutten Military
Virginia Episcopal at Nansemond-Suffolk
Woodberry Forest at Bullis

Saturday
Bishop Ireton at St. Albans
Blue Ridge at Flint Hill
Christchurch at North Cross
Fork Union at Bishop O'Connell
Fredericksburg Christian at Randolph-Macon
Greenbrier Christian at Broadwater
Mercersburg Academy at Potomac
Paul VI at Episcopal

Last edited:
Reactions: mtnclmbr
Victory a
Friday
Brunswick Academy at Isle of Wight
Collegiate at Benedictine
Fuqua at Kenston Forest
Hampton Roads at Atlantic Shores
Hargrave Military at Covenant
Portsmouth Christian at Richmond Christian
Roanoke Catholic at Auburn HS
St. Christopher's at St. Anne's-Belfield
St. John Paul the Great at Riverside HS
St. Stephen's & St. Agnes at Severn School
Trinity Episcopal at Norfolk Academy
Victory Christian at Massanutten Military
Virginia Episcopal at Nansemond-Suffolk
Woodberry Forest at Bullis

Saturday
Bishop Ireton at St. Albans
Blue Ridge at Flint Hill
Christchurch at North Cross
Fork Union at Bishop O'Connell
Fredericksburg Christian at Randolph-Macon
Greenbrier Christian at Broadwater
Mercersburg Academy at Potomac
Paul VI at Episcopal
Victory and MMA each have a legit chance to win this game (which is somewhat rare for each team this year) and that is good for the morale of the teams. I hope the kids from both teams enjoy the game this week.

STAB & St.Christophers looks like a good one on paper, anybody have predicitions for this one?

Victory a

Victory and MMA each have a legit chance to win this game (which is somewhat rare for each team this year) and that is good for the morale of the teams. I hope the kids from both teams enjoy the game this week.

STAB & St.Christophers looks like a good one on paper, anybody have predicitions for this one?
Yeah, I imagine MMA's coach will actually choose to have his players suit up for this game (rather than quit with 24 hrs notice) since his team has a better shot at a victory this week....

I think the Christchurch @ North Cross game will be a good one and likely forecast the Div III landscape.

I agree with Mtnclimber. North Cross will improve as the season goes on, they usually do. As well as Christchurch. Should be a good one. HRAs transfers have helped them make a move and by the looks of things will give A. Shores a game and can anyone in the division really hang with NSA? I know they lost a game but does anyone really have a chance after their "Mid cycle" move? Also that Trinity/ Norfolk Academy game looks interesting. I can't wait to see the IWA/ Fuqua game in a few weeks..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT