ADVERTISEMENT

[Week 4] Region 4C Tier List

Shruikan

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 2, 2010
Since it seems like everyone else is doing rankings, I figure I'd give Region C a shot. However, I won't be arranging them in an ordered list from 1-14. Instead, I'll be using a tier list that groups teams of similar skill levels together.

It's important to note that these tiers will likely change on a weekly basis. This is just where I'd put their playoff hopes heading into week 4.

Tier 1: These teams are the favorites to win the region. They can be beaten, but to be in this tier you must be favored by at least two touchdowns over all other non-Tier 1 teams.

Tier 2: These teams could win the region, but at this point in the season they're not quite at the level of the Tier 1 teams. They're a few steps ahead of Tier 3 teams.

Tier 3: It isn't reasonable to expect these teams to compete with the Tier 1 teams at this point in the season, but on a good night they could beat the Tier 2 teams. Tier 3 teams typically have at least one major weakness that Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams will be able to exploit. The better Tier 3 teams will make the playoffs.

Tier 4: These teams are a step below the Tier 3 teams, but it's not a huge gap. I would say a team from this tier could beat a lower Tier 3 team a couple times out of ten.

Tier 5: Teams in this tier are in for long seasons and likely will struggle to reach 5-5, if that. Some marked improvement could see them move up one or two tiers.

Teams are arranged alphabetically:
Tier 1:
Broad Run, Tuscarora
Tier 2: Liberty, Sherando
Tier 3: Handley, Heritage, Loudoun County, Loudoun Valley, Millbrook
Tier 4: Culpeper County, Fauquier, James Wood
Tier 5: Dominion, Kettle Run, Park View

Last edited:
Since it seems like everyone else is doing rankings, I figure I'd give Region C a shot. However, I won't be arranging them in an ordered list from 1-15. Instead, I'll be using a tier list that groups teams of similar skill levels together.

It's important to note that these tiers will likely change on a weekly basis. This is just where I'd put their playoff hopes heading into week 4.

Tier 1: These teams are the favorites to win the region. They can be beaten, but to be in this tier you must be favored by at least two touchdowns over all other non-Tier 1 teams.

Tier 2: These teams could win the region, but at this point in the season they're not quite at the level of the Tier 1 teams. They're a few steps ahead of Tier 3 teams.

Tier 3: It isn't reasonable to expect these teams to compete with the Tier 1 teams at this point in the season, but on a good night they could beat the Tier 2 teams. Tier 3 teams typically have at least one major weakness that Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams will be able to exploit. The better Tier 3 teams will make the playoffs.

Tier 4: These teams are a step below the Tier 3 teams, but it's not a huge gap. I would say a team from this tier could beat a lower Tier 3 team a couple times out of ten.

Tier 5: Teams in this tier are in for long seasons and likely will struggle to reach 5-5, if that. Some marked improvement could see them move up one or two tiers.

Teams are arranged alphabetically:
Tier 1:
Broad Run, Tuscarora
Tier 2: Liberty, Sherando
Tier 3: Handley, Heritage, Loudoun County, Loudoun Valley, Millbrook, Riverside
Tier 4: Culpeper County, James Wood
Tier 5: Dominion, Kettle Run, Park View

Well thought-out. Thanks for doing this; I was hoping someone would do Region C. Sounds like realistically, it’s going to be a two-horse race, especially since those two in Tier One probably have the most playoff cred in the past ten or fifteen years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shruikan
Well thought-out. Thanks for doing this; I was hoping someone would do Region C. Sounds like realistically, it’s going to be a two-horse race, especially since those two in Tier One probably have the most playoff cred in the past ten or fifteen years.
Riverside moved to 5a this year...

James Wood should be Tier 3 in my opinion. Very underestimated and threatened Sherando’s end zone multiple times. If they clean up the turnovers, they’ll be a threat.

James Wood has plenty of speed, but I think their lack of size and experience on the lines will prevent them from consistently hanging with the Tier 2 teams.

If the guys on the line can improve significantly by the end of the season, I would agree with you, just not sure they’re where they need to be yet.

Riverside moved to 5a this year...

Good catch! I’m not as familiar with the Loudoun teams as the others in part because they change classifications quite often. Fixed the OP.

Last edited:
Tusky beat Woodgrove by 1 last week in tight game. Grove moved up to 5a as well. Tusky and Broad Run are tough teams if healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT