ADVERTISEMENT

Week 7 Thoughts

VaSportsJunky

Silver Member
Aug 5, 2024
Week 7 is over and we have some interesting storylines that we need to pay more attention to!

Rappahannock pulls off the upset over Essex 13-8 in which the two highest scoring teams in Region A put on a defensive battle form the looks of the score. Would love to know a little more details about this game. Rappahannock has placed themselves amongst the title contenders in 1A.

Rye Cove is another surprising storyline with their beat down of Eastside. Coming into the season Rye Cove and Rappahannock were after thoughts and now it seems that they will have a say in who will be standing in Salem in December.

Altavista continues to cruise with blowout win over Dan River in which they touched the 70pt mark. Hopefully they don't get complacent bc there isnt much infront of them until they get to the Region B championship or State Semifinals.

George Wythe came into the year with high hopes but stumbled early. It looks like they have the train back on the tracks and are poised to make a deep playoff run.

Buffalo Gap has struggled as of late with 2 L's in a row. With Riverheards up next that number will probably climb to 3 in a row.

Northumberland has been flying under the radar all year and with their only Loss coming to an undefeated Bruton team. They are 4-1 and will take on Essex this week coming off their 1st regular season loss in 26 games. Does Northumberland have what it takes to give Essex its 2nd loss in a row?

I can't be the only one excited to talk about 1A Football...Chime in and join the conversation

Rappahannock was definitely an afterthought, coming into the season. Even guys in Region A didn't expect them to be this good. However, Rye Cove made it to the Region D championship last year and was preseason top 5.

I think Essex will beat Northumberland by 30 plus. Northumberland always seems to feast on cupcakes, but even when they had Tennessee commit Cameron Seldon, they couldn't beat the good teams on their schedule. I'm not even 100% sure if Northumberland is even the 3rd best team in the NND. Westmoreland has been playing good football and i think the Eagles could knock off the Indians when they play on October 25th.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT