ADVERTISEMENT

Well, hopefully this one will go a little better?

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
I see something by him once in awhile, but how is old Skynard doing. He calls games for???
He usually does a detailed breakdown of the team's up his way, but I didn't see that post this year.

Reactions: uvacavs1
I see something by him once in awhile, but how is old Skynard doing. He calls games for???
He usually does a detailed breakdown of the team's up his way, but I didn't see that post this year.

I don't remember seeing anything this year either. I know recently he had said his secretary typed it for him

I can't imagine why anyone would stop posting on here.
Everyone agrees and gets along wonderfully as long as you don't have a differing opinion or your grammar and spelling are impeccable.

Reactions: ForTheKidz and mmqp
I can't imagine why anyone would stop posting on here.
Everyone agrees and gets along wonderfully as long as you don't have a differing opinion or your grammar and spelling are impeccable.

I do have to wonder where everyone is flocking to. All the people I used to enjoy talking to on here are gone. These boards are all but dead it seems.

Reactions: gwb16
I do have to wonder where everyone is flocking to. All the people I used to enjoy talking to on here are gone. These boards are all but dead it seems.
I don't know. Honestly, I've grown tired of the same old tired arguments and baseless positions. Differing opinions on here will never be decided or agreed to be acknowledged as differing. It has to be beaten like a dead horse. Some posters are allowed 100 feet of rope. Some 2 feet of rope. I'm only back because it's a new season. Wanted to see what everyone was up to. My wife is battling cancer round 4 in 2 years, this board is even more insignificant than it ever was...and the thread that got locked...I still stand by my words. I won't rehash. But I meant each and every damn word.

I don't know. Honestly, I've grown tired of the same old tired arguments and baseless positions. Differing opinions on here will never be decided or agreed to be acknowledged as differing. It has to be beaten like a dead horse. Some posters are allowed 100 feet of rope. Some 2 feet of rope. I'm only back because it's a new season. Wanted to see what everyone was up to. My wife is battling cancer round 4 in 2 years, this board is even more insignificant than it ever was...and the thread that got locked...I still stand by my words. I won't rehash. But I meant each and every damn word.

Prayers for your wife

I hope your wife beats this. God speed to her.

I try to be positive on my post but it seems like someone wants to start an argument or criticize. I used to like this board more than I do now. Prayers for all

Reactions: jfcav1 and gwb16
I try to be positive on my post but it seems like someone wants to start an argument or criticize. I used to like this board more than I do now. Prayers for all
You are definitely one of the more upbeat posters I've seen over the years. Amherst has been through some "tests" and you've never waivered. Model fan. And even when others have taken cheap shots at some of your kids, you've deflected like a champ. You are a model VAPREPS fan. It's too bad more can't be like you...myself included.

I hope your wife beats this. God speed to her.
Thank you ClarkeFan83 1 step forward. 2 steps back. We just can't get ahead of it.
In other news, I have FINALLY gotten a really good handle on my diabetes and lost 52 lbs in the process. Not all bad news.
Hope you and the family are doing well.

Hey pal, please know that you and your whole family are, and always have been, in my prayers.

All my best to your wife in her battle. I’m sure too many of us on here have had unwelcome personal experience with that damned disease; I lost my mother and uncle. The fight sure does put everything in perspective. I hate to see good posters leave, but if all the crap on these boards becomes too irksome, I’d advise taking another break. Better to keep everything positive than coming back to a source of negativity, if you find that it is one.

Anyway, I’m probably not saying this as well as I’d hoped. I primarily just wanted to offer a message of hope and good will for you, your wife, and your entire family. As I recall from some posts a couple of years back, our views place us pretty much on opposite ends of the political spectrum, but we managed to keep things civil. What you all are going through, of course, transcends the political crap, as well. Good luck, and keep fighting!

“Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.”

Last edited:
No politics, please!! Too divisive!:D
Yeah...I don't have the time or energy for that.
There's no place for common sense battling emotional nonsense anywhere...

I think, if I remember correctly, that train derailed quickly and violently. I WILL NOT partake in that party again.

Thanks everyone for the supportive words. Many more rough days ahead unfortunately. But thankfully we have a new grand daughter to help distract us from the negative periodically.

We're fighters. And we will fight, and cuss, and kick, and cuss some more. And fight some more.

You are definitely one of the more upbeat posters I've seen over the years. Amherst has been through some "tests" and you've never waivered. Model fan. And even when others have taken cheap shots at some of your kids, you've deflected like a champ. You are a model VAPREPS fan. It's too bad more can't be like you...myself included.
Thanks I’m a very loyal and passionate fan for the Lancers. I know these young men and understand what they have been through. They have worked so hard since Christmas came on board. I’ve talked to several of them and they are excited for this season. That’s speaks volumes and for the number of players that came out this year compared to recent years is exciting. They have the toughest three games of anyone. Lots of fans are supporting what we have to look forward to. I will always be a Lancer fan. Thanks for the kind words

All my best to your wife in her battle. I’m sure too many of us on here have had unwelcome personal experience with that damned disease; I lost my mother and uncle. The fight sure does put everything in perspective. I hate to see good posters leave, but if all the crap on these boards becomes too irksome, I’d advise taking another break. Better to keep everything positive than coming back to a source of negativity, if you find that it is one.

Anyway, I’m probably not saying this as well as I’d hoped. I primarily just wanted to offer a message of hope and good will for you, your wife, and your entire family. As I recall from some posts a couple of years back, our views place us pretty much on opposite ends of the political spectrum, but we managed to keep things civil. What you all are going through, of course, transcends the political crap, as well. Good luck, and keep fighting!
All the respect in the world for you....this country was built for people to be able to disagree. We did disagree, but I don't recall being "angry", it was animated, let's just say we were both "passionate" LOL! And nothing is wrong with that. Have a great week...Hope your Spartans kick some butt this week....
“Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.” <----- I REALLY like this....thank you....

All the respect in the world for you....this country was built for people to be able to disagree. We did disagree, but I don't recall being "angry", it was animated, let's just say we were both "passionate" LOL! And nothing is wrong with that. Have a great week...Hope your Spartans kick some butt this week....
“Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.” <----- I REALLY like this....thank you....

Much appreciated, re the respect; right back at ya.

Unfortunately, I can guarantee the Spartans will not kick butt this week, unless it’s an intra-squad squabble - this is their open week. But thanks for the thought. LOL I hope the Packers crack the win column against the Eagles. Are you a Smithfield alum, BTW?

The quote is from the song, “Lovers In A Dangerous Time”, by Bruce Cockburn (ryhmes with “GO-burn”). It’s been covered by Barenaked Ladies and Dan Fogelberg, among others. Cockburn performing the song live:

And Barenaked Ladies’ recording:

Much appreciated, re the respect; right back at ya.

Unfortunately, I can guarantee the Spartans will not kick butt this week, unless it’s an intra-squad squabble - this is their open week. But thanks for the thought. LOL I hope the Packers crack the win column against the Eagles. Are you a Smithfield alum, BTW?

The quote is from the song, “Lovers In A Dangerous Time”, by Bruce Cockburn (ryhmes with “GO-burn”). It’s been covered by Barenaked Ladies and Dan Fogelberg, among others. Cockburn performing the song live:

And Barenaked Ladies’ recording:
LOL! OH! No butt kicking this weekend....obviously....and no...I played for Coach Roger Brookes at King William...."many" years ago...we were still in the Northern Neck. Still have much respect for that man. It's amazing what that man taught us in reference to life skills. Zero excuses. Be a man and own your mistakes and celebrate your success as a TEAM. We were a family. Each and every one of us would have fought 'til the death for each other. It was funny watching films on Monday, 50 yard TD run...and he's pointing out who missed a block on the backside of the play...always looking for perfection. Probably why my OCD kills me at work some days....LOL

Awesome stuff @gwb16. Prayers go out to you and your wife. You know the boys in Navy Nation are always there for you.

Understanding the importance of the little or the finer details is the difference between good and and great.

"Little things make the difference. Everyone is well-prepared in the big things, but only the winners perfect the little things".
Paul Bear Bryant

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT