ADVERTISEMENT

What a performance by King William. Congrats!

1500x500

Reactions: kw85
That’s not nearly as bad as some of the talk in the stands. Only two times did I question the officials but the ball spot one was a little puzzling. The side judge came in and moved it back which put them 8” short. Then they committed a penalty which ended up with them punting. IMO the better team won but that is a phenomenal Graham team that shouldn’t hang their heads

I listened to some of that broadcast and they only gave KW backhanded credit and that was only from the PBP guy. The color dude continually remarked how poorly Graham was playing. And at halftime the PBP guy remarked about how well Graham was holding down Claiborne despite 131 rushing yards and who knows how many receiving yards.

KW had a different swagger in this game. Graham was in the game but KW was too much. Many people expected Graham to have their way but I watched alot of KW because Claiborne is my best friend's son I felt they were the best team in 2A. Once I got the NFHS Network I went back on demand and watched everyone. KW was the best.

I want to give major props to #51 for King William, Chase Rosso. He was lined up against Meadows from Graham all day and Rosso had 2 or 3 sacks and numerous tackles in the backfield. He used his speed to his advantage. So far, his only offer is to West Virginia Wesleyan, but I hope he gets more. Also I felt like KW controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and that was in my opinion, the key to their win.

I listened to some of that broadcast and they only gave KW backhanded credit and that was only from the PBP guy. The color dude continually remarked how poorly Graham was playing. And at halftime the PBP guy remarked about how well Graham was holding down Claiborne despite 131 rushing yards and who knows how many receiving yards.
Graham fans dont even listen to those guys. KW had a great team this season. Very impressive amount of talent for a 2A team.
Graham has a lot of young talent and will be back.
That KW team today is surely one of the most talented teams I have seen at the 2A level. Good mix of size and speed.

Reactions: oldfool2
I want to give major props to #51 for King William, Chase Rosso. He was lined up against Meadows from Graham all day and Rosso had 2 or 3 sacks and numerous tackles in the backfield. He used his speed to his advantage. So far, his only offer is to West Virginia Wesleyan, but I hope he gets more. Also I felt like KW controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and that was in my opinion, the key to their win.
I think the L.O.S. was pretty even, but KW had more athletes and Claiborne was as good as advertised. I wish Graham would have tried to get the ball in Bradshaws hands more often today. But hindsight is 2020. Very good team from KW. Graham has a lot of young talent and should be back in the mix again next year. Would like to meet KW down the road again.

Reactions: kw85 and kwhs95fan
I think the L.O.S. was pretty even, but KW had more athletes and Claiborne was as good as advertised. I wish Graham would have tried to get the ball in Bradshaws hands more often today. But hindsight is 2020. Very good team from KW. Graham has a lot of young talent and should be back in the mix again next year. Would like to meet KW down the road again.
As talented as Bradshaw was, why would they not have him play running back and feed him the ball. You can’t have your best player in 2A football play wide receiver IMO. KW won because for one we were the better team and two Claiborne had twice the amount of touches as Bradshaw.

The really only questionable call, that I really saw was the catch and fumble KW had and they said it was incomplete. I thought it was a catch and fumble he took like 3 steps.

The really only questionable call, that I really saw was the catch and fumble KW had and they said it was incomplete. I thought it was a catch and fumble he took like 3 steps.
Or the muffed punt. But the zebras gave them some many yards for personal fouls I don’t really feel bad for those calls.

Reactions: kw85
I was listening to the game from Graham's streaming radio station. They were beside themselves remarking about the "character" of KW for scoring points late in the game. It was funny to listen to them.
I’d be more upset that graham punted in the 4th quarter or that they kneeled the clock out with the starters instead of running some guys in there to get a few snaps that didn’t get to play.

#9 did a heck of a job for KW at linebacker. Sounded like King William had a lot of seniors on that team this year when they were announced at the beginning of the game. (Good news for other teams). Like I said before. It has been a while since I have seen that many very good athletes on a 2A team. Claiborne has elite speed and Bradshaw was not targeted nearly enough for Graham.

#9 did a heck of a job for KW at linebacker
He’s a junior, his brother was the QB. They both played a big game today. I’m not sure if KW will have enough to repeat because they are losing a lot of great seniors. The junior class is good and the sophomore class has a lot of history winning 5 metro youth championships. They have lost a few key kids from those championships to bigger schools and private schools but they have a really good core group. I would expect KW to be region contenders for a good while to come. Hope to be back in many more state championships to come tho.

#9 did a heck of a job for KW at linebacker. Sounded like King William had a lot of seniors on that team this year when they were announced at the beginning of the game. (Good news for other teams). Like I said before. It has been a while since I have seen that many very good athletes on a 2A team. Claiborne has elite speed and Bradshaw was not targeted nearly enough for Graham.
The cupboard isn't bare in KW by any means, but this year's team was a generational team with a generational talent in Demond Claiborne and a strong core around him. I said it in the spring, but I truly believe that if Covid hadn't of caused them to forfeit, they'd be back to back state champions tonight, and that's to take nothing away from anyone else, but that's just how special this group is. I will say that having to forfeit in the spring was a driving factor for these kids all season, and they played with a chip on their shoulder.

The cupboard isn't bare in KW by any means, but this year's team was a generational team with a generational talent in Demond Claiborne and a strong core around him. I said it in the spring, but I truly believe that if Covid hadn't of caused them to forfeit, they'd be back to back state champions tonight, and that's to take nothing away from anyone else, but that's just how special this group is. I will say that having to forfeit in the spring was a driving factor for these kids all season, and they played with a chip on their shoulder.
522 total yards of offense today for KW. Wow.

Reactions: kw85 and kwhs95fan

Havent seen that many athletes on the same team since Appomattox in 15 and 16. Would love to see that matchup

As talented as Bradshaw was, why would they not have him play running back and feed him the ball. You can’t have your best player in 2A football play wide receiver IMO. KW won because for one we were the better team and two Claiborne had twice the amount of touches as Bradshaw.
Bradshaw is by no means the best 2A player in Va…… for a Div 1 recruit to give the defensive effort he did on many many plays was somewhat shocking

Bradshaw is by no means the best 2A player in Va…… for a Div 1 recruit to give the defensive effort he did on many many plays was somewhat shocking
Claiborne is now a 4 star recruit and the #9 ranked player in the entire state. Not sure where Bradshaw is ranked, but it's behind Claiborne

I agree with this and have witnessed it myself. Very little effort on defense. I believe hes getting recruited for offense, plus hes a kid so i get it. Maybe he absolutely hates playing defense. Young man needs to keep his head up. Too many times i see him with his head down, even after scoring the tying touchdown. You would think by his demeanor they were losing by 4 touchdowns. Could be that hes just a really humble kid.

Didn’t mean he was the best player in 2A just the best athlete Graham had. In 2A football your best athlete cannot play wide receiver with limited touches. If you have a stud like that then feed him the ball and let him make it happen. Hard to do that at wideout with fewer then 15 touches a game.

Didn’t mean he was the best player in 2A just the best athlete Graham had. In 2A football your best athlete cannot play wide receiver with limited touches. If you have a stud like that then feed him the ball and let him make it happen. Hard to do that at wideout with fewer then 15 touches a game.
Bradshaw is not the best all around athlete for Graham. He’s phenomenal on offense. The best athlete Graham had was injured playing with a hairline fracture. Blevins was Graham’s best defensive player and couldn’t be used on defense due to his injury and was barely able to function at QB. It’s remarkable that he was on the field. He’s one tough kid.

Reactions: BCKnights
Bradshaw is not the best all around athlete for Graham. He’s phenomenal on offense. The best athlete Graham had was injured playing with a hairline fracture. Blevins was Graham’s best defensive player and couldn’t be used on defense due to his injury and was barely able to function at QB. It’s remarkable that he was on the field. He’s one tough kid.
Bradshaw was the best athlete they had on Saturday and he only touched the ball what 13 times and not a single catch while Claibornehad 29 rushes and 3 catches. You have to find ways to get your playmakers the ball. The first half was great, I just don’t know what happened the second half.

You will never hear anyone complain or make excuses about it but look at his body language after he scored the second TD. He didn’t look like he was 100% after that. Not sure if it was the prior play or two when he got hit or the awkward slip on the sweep left. Just my opinion but he wasn’t the same player after that sequence.

Reactions: KWcavs360
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT