ADVERTISEMENT

What an ending to the season!

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
We all knew it would come to an end today........and the weather was picture perfect for a December day.

But wow..........

From Riverheads' dramatic 7-6 loss to Galax after scoring with no time on the clock, and opting to go for the 2 point conversion....only to come up short.........

To......

Salem's game winning FG in double OT over defending champion Lake Taylor, 17-14, after LT failed to convert their FG attempt in the first OT to win the game

To...

Westfield's thrilling 49-42 3 OT victory over Oscar Smith.

We saw some outstanding teams, as well as standout individual performances.

What a day it was.......and what a way to finish the football season!

Congrats to all of the 6 division STATE CHAMPS:
6 - Westfield
5 - Highland Springs
4 - Salem
3 - Magna Vista
2 - Appomattox
1 - Galax

Reactions: RKE Fan and OCBoy
We all knew it would come to an end today........and the weather was picture perfect for a December day.

But wow..........

From Riverheads' dramatic 7-6 loss to Galax after scoring with no time on the clock, and opting to go for the 2 point conversion....only to come up short.........

To......

Salem's game winning FG in double OT over defending champion Lake Taylor, 17-14, after LT failed to convert their FG attempt in the first OT to win the game

To...

Westfield's thrilling 49-42 3 OT victory over Oscar Smith.

We saw some outstanding teams, as well as standout individual performances.

What a day it was.......and what a way to finish the football season!

Congrats to all of the 6 division STATE CHAMPS:
6 - Westfield
5 - Highland Springs
4 - Salem
3 - Magna Vista
2 - Appomattox
1 - Galax
Thanks for your score updates this year

Reactions: pizzzzza
I'm sure I speak for football fans across all the threads, we thank you pizzzzza, for what you do. You have told me it's a labor of love. But it's a labor, none the less.

I ask that you all join me in expressing your gratitude.

Reactions: pizzzzza and OCBoy
Thanks guys - I appreciate your kind words!

I'm going to miss my Friday night football!

Reactions: OCBoy
Great job and great coverage. It is hard to duplicate the excitement and drama the Championship Saturday brings. Everyone wants to win but only 6 can say they are the champions in VHSL on this weekend. Can't wait until next year which can't come soon enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT