ADVERTISEMENT

What caught my eye this week?

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
PS, I’m sitting on my porch with my wife, pretending like I’m doing something vital, instead of getting off my butt and doing something that REALLY needs doing. Like beginning to wage war on the leaves. So if she ask you, tell her the entire football season will be cancelled if I don’t make this post.

A lot of neat stuff this week.

Colonial Heights blocking Caroline’s 19 yard field goal attempt as time expired to preserve the win.

Chilhowie scored with four seconds on the clock but could not convert the 2 point attempt and lost to Rye Cove 39-40.

Hayfield got beat. What’s next, Maury getting beat???

Fuel up the busses. Northampton on the Eastern Shore has rolled off six straight wins. And are highly favored to win their last two games, to finish 8-2. Somebody will be making the long but beautiful trek across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel for a first round playoff game. (I assume Region 1A sends 8 to the playoffs?)

Little ole Randolph Henry in Charlotte County won their second game. And there is scuttlebutt that Amelia, whom
R-H beat, is going to fold up shop and end their season early.

Another story that is not specifically game related is; I heard that Bland County is ineligible for the playoffs. By rule, they are ineligible because they don’t play a complete district schedule. Their Region has the right to grant a waiver, but they voted not to. Pretty much irrelevant anyway, because their chances of qualifying on their record is pretty low.

I noted that Appomattox has won three in a row. I know their victories have not been over particularly good teams, but glad to see them winning.

I was slightly surprised that Manchester beat Bird. And surprised that Kings Fork didn’t didn’t give Oscar Smith a better challenge. And Kecoughtan has scored points for two games in a row!! Lest you not appreciate it, that’s the only points they have scored all year, sans a safety in their first game.

I don’t know about you guys, but I still find it astonishing that Lake Taylor has won only two games this year, after losing to Churchland Friday night. And Hampton’s skid has been a little longer than LT’s, but the idea that the Crabbers would be beaten so soundly, shut out in fact, by Warwick would get you laughed off these boards just a few years ago. Sure Hampton has six wins, but look at who they beat. The only three decent teams they played beat them, two of which beat the socks off them. My, how times have changed.

Enough from me. How about you. Did you see anything that made you say WHAT!?

Good post and that WAS more important than dealing with the leaves! :)

My Takeaways from last night - in my Hat's Hits segment I do late on Fridays after the games - hit on the big wins by Warwick and Cox in the '757' as well as Clarke County edging Strasburg in a Bull Run District matchup, another Region 2B team in Stuarts Draft making a statement with its convincing win over Riverheads, and a salute to Dinwiddie's Harry Dalton...

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Yeah, that Cox win surprised me. Maybe from the opposite perspective, that Salem loss.
Indeed. Would be concerned with Salem's defense in giving up 30+ on three different occasions during October to Green Run, Ocean Lakes and Cox. They should get better with Tallwood and Princess Anne to close out the regular season, but it'll probably now be a tricky first round draw with possibly either Indian River or Kempsville.

PS, I’m sitting on my porch with my wife, pretending like I’m doing something vital, instead of getting off my butt and doing something that REALLY needs doing. Like beginning to wage war on the leaves. So if she ask you, tell her the entire football season will be cancelled if I don’t make this post.

A lot of neat stuff this week.

Colonial Heights blocking Caroline’s 19 yard field goal attempt as time expired to preserve the win.

Chilhowie scored with four seconds on the clock but could not convert the 2 point attempt and lost to Rye Cove 39-40.

Hayfield got beat. What’s next, Maury getting beat???

Fuel up the busses. Northampton on the Eastern Shore has rolled off six straight wins. And are highly favored to win their last two games, to finish 8-2. Somebody will be making the long but beautiful trek across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel for a first round playoff game. (I assume Region 1A sends 8 to the playoffs?)

Little ole Randolph Henry in Charlotte County won their second game. And there is scuttlebutt that Amelia, whom

Another story that is not specifically game related is; I heard that Bland County is ineligible for the playoffs. By rule, they are ineligible because they don’t play a complete district schedule. Their Region has the right to grant a waiver, but they voted not to. Pretty much irrelevant anyway, because their chances of qualifying on their record is pretty low.

I noted that Appomattox has won three in a row. I know their victories have not been over particularly good teams, but glad to see them winning.

I was slightly surprised that Manchester beat Bird. And surprised that Kings Fork didn’t didn’t give Oscar Smith a better challenge. And Kecoughtan has scored points for two games in a row!! Lest you not appreciate it, that’s the only points they have scored all year, sans a safety in their first game.

I don’t know about you guys, but I still find it astonishing that Lake Taylor has won only two games this year, after losing to Churchland Friday night. And Hampton’s skid has been a little longer than LT’s, but the idea that the Crabbers would be beaten so soundly, shut out in fact, by Warwick would get you laughed off these boards just a few years ago. Sure Hampton has six wins, but look at who they beat. The only three decent teams they played beat them, two of which beat the socks off them. My, how times have changed.

Enough from me. How about you. Did you see anything that made you say WHAT!?
Times have changed and your next to last paragraph says it all. Somebody waking up after a ten year or so hibernation would likely wonder what universe they are in and that does not only apply to high school football.

Herm - Springs was closer than what the score indicated, herm had momentum a lot of times in that game but couldn’t get out of their own way. Whether it was penalties or an TO after having a big play. Springers defense eventually just wore down that o-line. Spring’s offensively, just think the play calling isn’t really doing themselves any favors, almost predictable at times.

Falwell that ends well?. The 27.5 point favorites couldn't pull off the guaranteed and saw their season come to an immediate end. Jerry's Kids get humiliated on national TV, taking a fat L from previously winless Kennesaw State (who had never beaten an FBS team before) and taking themselves completely out of the CFP picture. They wouldn't have deserved the CFP even at 13-0 but good to end the discussion sooner rather than later.

that surprised me too

In an under the radar game down this way was 1A Holston beating undefeated 3A Johnson County, TN, 31-20.

The game was in Damascus and the consensus was that Holston was a big underdog.

Johnson County was the #6 ranked 3A team in the state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT