ADVERTISEMENT

What caught my eye, Week 4?

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
I’ll start with one on Thursday night. DENBIGH WINS!!! How about that. After going 0-10 for three straight years, and losing their first two games this year, they finally got to feel the thrill of victory. I’m really happy for those young men.

Pulaski was soundly whipped again. I remember when they were a factor, but no more.

Armstrong wins again. They have sure put the 0-10 seasons in the rear view mirror. Not the team you schedule for homecoming anymore.

Allegheny wins again in convincing fashion. Stafford too, but they had to fight a lot harder for their win.

Glen Allen beating Thomas Dale didn’t really surprise me, but the way the Knights were apparently dominated by GA did. I know the injury bug has not been kind to Coach Tuckers team again this year, in spite of some changes that Coach implemented during pre-season.

Graham 7, Union 6. That must have been a war. Graham has been playing “ lights out” football, and I expected them to easily handle Union.

Oh my, Galax moving to 0-4, and have only score once all season? Who would have “thunk” it.

If any of you were watching scores last night, did you see the one that first appeared on Twitter, Page County 118, K&Q 21?
Well, that probably caught everybody’s eye. Fortunately, it was quickly proven to be false. The real score was a modest 20-19 with Page getting the close win.

There were years when a loss by Lake Taylor or Hopewell were BIG news. Both lost last night and it’s “ ho-hum!”

LC Bird hanging 79 on Clover Hill. This caught my eye because even in their most dominant years, Bird was always very careful to not run the score up on a weak opponent.

And, I’ll wrap up with Dinwiddie losing to Maury. Sometimes the other team is just “bigger, faster, stronger”. We were discussing it after the game, if Maury is not the best team in the state, who is? My opinion was that the only team that I may favor over Maury might be Hayfield.

So, you heard what poked me in the eye. How about you?

Phoebus is the only team in the state i think can beat Maury because of the defense. If i had to guess in a real game id say Maury 17 Phoebus 14

Reactions: CrushBlock
Fired up the EZPass and went down to see Colonial Forge against Patriot last night. Early on it looked like Patriot might just run through them, but the Pioneers made some key mistakes and Forge has an offense of their own, sealing the game when their freshman receiver made a nice touchdown catch despite pass interference on the defender. Commonwealth District is looking interesting with several teams improved from last season. They introduce the starting lineup before the game at Forge which is always a nice touch.

Stopped by Washington-Liberty against Yorktown this afternoon. W-L was up 46-0 at halftime. Not what I expected but it was just one of those days for both teams. Before Josh Shapiro became head coach at W-L in 2007, they had only won five or more games once in the previous 31 seasons. Since he's been there, they've done it 11 times in 17 years and are off to a 4-0 start this season.

Glen Allen is legit. Think they have what it takes to compete to at least get to the state championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT