ADVERTISEMENT

What caught my eye, Week 5? Not Much!

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Armstrong hanging 90 on Manassas Park.

Amherst not only beating Glass, but shutting them out.

Heritage playing LCA so close.

The kids from Tappahannock have figured out something. 5-0 Rappahannock has outscored their five opponents 270-51. But, the sledding gets tougher this week. They take a little bus ride across the river to play, by far their toughest opponent so far, Essex.

Abingdon absorbing their first loss, and a shut out at that, from the 1 win “Tennessee HS” in Bristol.

Grandy laying 77 on Booker T. Wow, up until last year, Grandy struggled to win one game a season most years.

And even though this outcome is not in the least surprising, Maury beat Lake Taylor 62-0. My, my, the times have changed.

I took note that a dozen or more games have been moved to Monday. And sadly, a couple of them may not be able to be played because of the tragedy that has occurred in SWV. My prayers for those folks.

How about you? What caught your attention this week?

The kids from Tappahannock have figured out something. 5-0 Rappahannock has outscored their five opponents 270-51. But, the sledding gets tougher this week. They take a little bus ride across the river to play, by far their toughest opponent so far, Essex.

Abingdon absorbing their first loss, and a shut out at that, from the 1 win “Tennessee HS” in Bristol.

Grandy laying 77 on Booker T. Wow, up until last year, Grandy struggled to win one game a season most years.

And even though this outcome is not in the least surprising, Maury beat Lake Taylor 62-0. My, my, the times have changed.

I took note that a dozen or more games have been moved to Monday. And sadly, a couple of them may not be able to be played because of the tragedy that has occurred in SWV. My prayers for those folks.

Granby is a whole new program and they now have the guy responsible for stacking Maury’s team. Don’t be shocked if they become a force in the 2-3 years. It’ll be interesting to see if the kids start going to Granby over Maury.

Lake Taylor is the odd man out in the Norfolk Big 3 right now with Maury and Granby surging and getting all the talent in Norfolk.

Of course what caught my attention is Phoebus being tied 21-21 at half with Bethel after allowing two huge TDs and another one after fumbling in Bethel’s territory. Luckily it was an effort thing and after one hell of a halftime speech by Coach Blunt things were fixed and we out scored them 35-0 2nd half. This week is Hampton week so it will be interesting to see if the wake up call worked all the way.

Granby is a whole new program and they now have the guy responsible for stacking Maury’s team. Don’t be shocked if they become a force in the 2-3 years. It’ll be interesting to see if the kids start going to Granby over Maury.

Lake Taylor is the odd man out in the Norfolk Big 3 right now with Maury and Granby surging and getting all the talent in Norfolk.

Of course what caught my attention is Phoebus being tied 21-21 at half with Bethel after allowing two huge TDs and another one after fumbling in Bethel’s territory. Luckily it was an effort thing and after one hell of a halftime speech by Coach Blunt things were fixed and we out scored them 35-0 2nd half. This week is Hampton week so it will be interesting to see if the wake up call worked all the way.
I mean with the one coach going over to granby doesn't mean much when maury was already a proven program and had a state championship when he came along. Now I do see granby being a dang good program for the future but as long at the core of that maury staff is there I believe they'll continue to be the top dawg in Norfolk for the future as we see. Now as for the rest of the city norview with hopefully the right coaching change can become competitive. LT idk there as far as a top team idk but can probably make noise in the playoffs here and there just something is off there. And BTW it's just gonna be hard for there for a minute.

The Rappahannock @ Essex game is next week Oct. 11th. This week Essex host Charles City for Homecoming and Rappahannock has a bye. In 4 games, Essex has scored 172 and allowed 12. As you may know 1 of the 4 games was a forfeit from King & Queen last week that Essex was award 2pts for. That game would have been a blowout as well as the upcoming CC game. Essex starters are usually out after halftime or early 3rd.

With both schools only being 9 or so miles apart, both meeting with 5-0 records (with an Essex win over CC this Friday), 1st place in the NND on the line and being old time rivals…should be a full house.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT