ADVERTISEMENT

What caught my eye, Week 6!

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Rocktown getting that first victory.

Senseless violence that cost innocent kids on two football teams the chance to play a game. Meadowbrook/Matoaca cancelled because of a stabbing at Meadowbrook that had nothing to do with football. ( I don’t disagree that they needed to cancel the game, it’s just disgusting that kids trying to do right suffer because of punks.)

How about the shellacking that Amherst put on the Blue Streaks? Those Lancers are rounding into form.

Boy, how about that GW/MV game? I would have loved to be there for that one. GW fought from behind most of the game and made the plays when they had to. Making the win more amazing is that I was told that GW had 230 yards in penalties. I don’t know for a fact that that is accurate, but if it is, that’s amazing to overcome that. It also tells us that they better fix that problem fast and in a hurry.

Kings Fork dominating a good Indian River team made me take notice.

North Stafford beating Eastern View didn’t surprise me, but I’ll use this opportunity to say, “I told you so!” Nothing bad to say about Eastern View, it’s just that this NS team might be the most improved team in the state from last year.

Phoebus easily handled their long time rival Hampton today. That’s 40 wins in a row for the Phantoms.

I’ll close with Dinwiddie defeating Thomas Dale at Thomas Dale. The Knights and Generals played this game the way you want teams to do. They put it all out there on the field and didn’t hold back. And for a rivalry of this magnitude and importance, It was played clean and fair. I believe this was the best game Dinwiddie has played this season.(That speaks to how good TD is.) Their effort against Maury was probably as good, but it just didn’t show. The Generals were so over matched against the Commodores that even their best effort was overshadowed by what I truly believe is the best team in the state this year.

The Dinwiddie gang gathered at Sibleys BBQ in Chester for our traditional pre-game meal. I highly recommend Sibleys. Great food and great service. And locally owned, which I prize very highly.

Now it’s your turn. What caught your eye enough to make mention of it?

I agree the way KF beat IR did catch my eye!

Armstrong fought all night long and took the lead vs Henrico with 30 seconds remaining for their first win in that series in a while.

3 Richmond City Schools are now 5-0. Don’t have the history books but my guess is that this is the first time in a while if ever.

Prince George took down Petersburg. That’s 2 out of the last 3 for the Royals. I thought 4 wins would be a successful first season under coach Hall and they are half way there.

Huguenot WR had 283 yards and 4 touchdowns on only 8 catches. I know it was vs James River but still impressive for.

Louisa seems to have got it rolling with the return of their 2 studs.

Caroline quietly sitting at 4-1, are positioning themselves in the 4B playoff race.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I saw the pre-season interview with the Coach at Caroline. You just got the feeling that he was someone that could get the job done.

I talked with someone at the Louisa game. Louisa made numerous procedural penalties, and did a lot of times wrong at crucial points in the game. Fortunately for them they have plenty of offensive potential and played good defense. They were playing against a weak team. If they make those mistakes against a foe with equal abilities as the Lions, it might be there downfall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT