ADVERTISEMENT

What do you think?

A

anon_y7v0wv40itxop

In your opinion of this decade so far, which programs have had.....

The best offense?
The best defense?
The best special teams?

and why do you think so?

Good questions. Too bad nobody has posted but it could be that many of us don't have enough statistical information on schools that we don't see so therefor we don't know much about. I would have to say Salem on offense and defense because they have been successful in winning numerous state championships lately. It works! I would also have to go with Salem in special teams. Nate Craft was a very good kicker for the Spartans the last several years.

The Briar Woods championship teams. McSorley (PSU) at QB, Alex Carter (Stanford) and Brandon Polk (PSU) running the jet. Cam Serigne (Wake Forest) and Mark Birmingham at TE. Cory Colder (ETSU) running the rock along with one of the best ever to come out of Loudoun County Michael Brownlee.

The Rolin brothers (Florida and VT) at ILB and OLB. McSorley at FS. Carter at CB. Justin Baker (JMU) at DT. Mark Birmingham (Duke) at DE and a host of guys that went on to play at other college programs.

That school not only reloaded but, did so with hollow tips. Truly a dominant 4 year run that was really hard to compete with. Also tremendous coaches (Charlie Pierce/Chris Brown) and resources that made them damn near unbeatable.

The Briar Woods championship teams. McSorley (PSU) at QB, Alex Carter (Stanford) and Brandon Polk (PSU) running the jet. Cam Serigne (Wake Forest) and Mark Birmingham at TE. Cory Colder (ETSU) running the rock along with one of the best ever to come out of Loudoun County Michael Brownlee.

The Rolin brothers (Florida and VT) at ILB and OLB. McSorley at FS. Carter at CB. Justin Baker (JMU) at DT. Mark Birmingham (Duke) at DE and a host of guys that went on to play at other college programs.

That school not only reloaded but, did so with hollow tips. Truly a dominant 4 year run that was really hard to compete with. Also tremendous coaches (Charlie Pierce/Chris Brown) and resources that made them damn near unbeatable.

That was a BAAAAAAAAAAD TEAM!

I would have liked to see how those teams would have done in the playoffs against teams that had similar enrollment numbers.

The North Stafford/Briar Woods state semi played at John Champe HS was one of the best contests I’ve ever witnessed. Joe Mangano’s NS team had some players, but nothing like BWHS. That two-point loss for NS was either one or two years after they beat Phoebus in OT, but actually lost due to a poor call on the final play. Those dudes just couldn’t get out of the way of bad luck.

Sorry, the Briar Woods talk just reminded me of how gutted those NS players looked in that postgame aftermath.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT