ADVERTISEMENT

What have you seen from Clarkes team this year compared to last years?

The same Achilles heel that has stopped them each year as they get deeper in the playoffs...not enough overall team speed. They are strong, they run the ball well, passing is suspect at best. Will struggle containing outside speed (as most teams do). When opposing defenses stop them from running, the offense is too limited. But they will probably win the Bull Run, win a few games in the playoffs and have a good year. I doubt you will see them in the state finals again anytime soon.

P.S. This is from a very good friend of mine who is very familiar with the BRD but refuses to post on forums...so Clarke fans...do not shoot the messenger!

The same Achilles heel that has stopped them each year as they get deeper in the playoffs...not enough overall team speed. They are strong, they run the ball well, passing is suspect at best. Will struggle containing outside speed (as most teams do). When opposing defenses stop them from running, the offense is too limited. But they will probably win the Bull Run, win a few games in the playoffs and have a good year. I doubt you will see them in the state finals again anytime soon.

P.S. This is from a very good friend of mine who is very familiar with the BRD but refuses to post on forums...so Clarke fans...do not shoot the messenger!

Seems like a reasonable assessment to me. I'm just along for the ride.

Reactions: kw85
Clarke won't win the Bull Run District this year, unless Central loses a district game or two the final three weeks, as Central beat Clarke this year. Clarke has upped their play the last three weeks, though granted it was against poor competition (Monroe, Strasburg, Mason), but Clarke has a solid chance at getting back to the state semis. A speedy team on offense or defense, or a team with a solid passing offense will see Clarke having a hard time winning.

Slow, boring, predictable. Any hint of a passing game and that defense will be torn to shreds. They are tough up the middle on both sides of the ball.

Clarke lost their QB in the first qtr (and that was costly in a major way) against Central and fumbled on their own 8 and 40 along with about 3 dropped snaps and/or bad snaps which killed the other drives. Held Central to about 140 or so yards of offense and lost. Hats off to Central on the win as their kids played really well. Clarke out gained by about 100 yards but 3 turnovers from Clarke was the key to the game. Was probably the worst game I've seen them play in about 10 years or so which was bound to happen but still had a chance to win at the end. They have taken care of the ball the last 3 weeks and have blown out the 3 opponents. Most of the yards gained the past 3 weeks have been vs. the reserves who have played the entire 2nd half. With saying that-Clarke is still the class of the BRD but Central will be very good next year as they are relatively young and were loaded on Freshmen last year.
I wouldn't classify this group of Clarke kids as "slow" but not as overall athletic as last year. However-they may be better up front than last year. The kids in the secondary/backfield were all new starters this year (other than Rogers at RB who is close to breaking the schools all time rushing record) They are getting better each week over the past month and that is all you can ask for. This is not the same team from earlier in the year and I'm willing to bet no one in the East is chomping at the bit to play them in the region.
As for "boring and predictable" they were taking it to Millbrook on the road in week 2 but 2 deadly turnovers at the end of the half as Clarke was driving to go up 14-0-Fumbled on Millbrook 25ish and then fumbled with under a min to go on their own 30 (Millbrook scored on last play of half) Really a 14 point swing against a good 4a school within about 3 minutes spelled the end to that game. Not to mention Savon Smith had a great game rushing the ball and made guys miss in space. He is a special talent along with PK.
I just with at some point the Millbrook fan would just "troll" or be a "keyboard hero" on the 4A board as his constant rants about Clarke are just a bit old at this point. Congrats you defeated Clarke both years in the cycle as a pretty decent 4A with 2 D1 backs. I wish Millbrook the best of luck in the rest of the regular season and in postseason as the kids from both schools are pretty good friends and played ball with one another since they were in the youth leagues (it's a shame adults have to be the ones with the blasting comments). At no point has a Clarke supporter ever gone on these boards and bashed Millbrook and I don't see the gains from your side. Millbrook has a fine staff and following but the constant "brow beating" makes you all look bad which shouldn't be the case whatsoever.

This is the exact reason that I don't post much on here.

Good luck to whoever you support this week.

Take care

As for "boring and predictable" they were taking it to Millbrook on the road in week 2 but 2 deadly turnovers at the end of the half as Clarke was driving to go up 14-0-Fumbled on Millbrook 25ish and then fumbled with under a min to go on their own 30 (Millbrook scored on last play of half) Really a 14 point swing against a good 4a school within about 3 minutes spelled the end to that game. Not to mention Savon Smith had a great game rushing the ball and made guys miss in space. He is a special talent along with PK.
I just with at some point the Millbrook fan would just "troll" or be a "keyboard hero" on the 4A board as his constant rants about Clarke are just a bit old at this point. Congrats you defeated Clarke both years in the cycle as a pretty decent 4A with 2 D1 backs. I wish Millbrook the best of luck in the rest of the regular season and in postseason as the kids from both schools are pretty good friends and played ball with one another since they were in the youth leagues (it's a shame adults have to be the ones with the blasting comments). At no point has a Clarke supporter ever gone on these boards and bashed Millbrook and I don't see the gains from your side. Millbrook has a fine staff and following but the constant "brow beating" makes you all look bad which shouldn't be the case whatsoever.

Take care

I hadn't really noticed anyone on 4a bashing Clarke, but if they were, I really didn't pay attention. Millbrook was the better team, Savon Smith is for real. That kid is better than PK, imho. Now, if we played Central this week, I will bet anyone that the result would be way different.

Clarke lost their QB in the first qtr (and that was costly in a major way) against Central and fumbled on their own 8 and 40 along with about 3 dropped snaps and/or bad snaps which killed the other drives. Held Central to about 140 or so yards of offense and lost. Hats off to Central on the win as their kids played really well. Clarke out gained by about 100 yards but 3 turnovers from Clarke was the key to the game. Was probably the worst game I've seen them play in about 10 years or so which was bound to happen but still had a chance to win at the end. They have taken care of the ball the last 3 weeks and have blown out the 3 opponents. Most of the yards gained the past 3 weeks have been vs. the reserves who have played the entire 2nd half. With saying that-Clarke is still the class of the BRD but Central will be very good next year as they are relatively young and were loaded on Freshmen last year.
I wouldn't classify this group of Clarke kids as "slow" but not as overall athletic as last year. However-they may be better up front than last year. The kids in the secondary/backfield were all new starters this year (other than Rogers at RB who is close to breaking the schools all time rushing record) They are getting better each week over the past month and that is all you can ask for. This is not the same team from earlier in the year and I'm willing to bet no one in the East is chomping at the bit to play them in the region.

Take care
Turnovers and injuries are part of the game. We didn't have our Quarterback vs. CC this year. I'm reading a bunch of excuses. You're probably one of those fans who says 'we were close with Appo' in the first half last year.

Turnovers and injuries are part of the game. We didn't have our Quarterback vs. CC this year. I'm reading a bunch of excuses. You're probably one of those fans who says 'we were close with Appo' in the first half last year.

As for Appo---by score-- yes--flow of game--no. No disputing either of those.

At no point have I made excuses but just facts.
Yes-Injuries and turnovers are part of the game but both also can drastically change the outcome of a game. Anyone with an athletic IQ would agree to this in regards to any sport. Not sure how that is considered an "excuse". Blaming coaches and refs are excuses.
Rest assured of this bud--you will not get me to respond to anymore of your "trolls" as quite honestly --you nor them are worth my valuable time and I would much rather discuss topics on this board with fellow members who feel the same.

As for Appo---by score-- yes--flow of game--no. No disputing either of those.

At no point have I made excuses but just facts.
Yes-Injuries and turnovers are part of the game but both also can drastically change the outcome of a game. Anyone with an athletic IQ would agree to this in regards to any sport. Not sure how that is considered an "excuse". Blaming coaches and refs are excuses.
Rest assured of this bud--you will not get me to respond to anymore of your "trolls" as quite honestly --you nor them are worth my valuable time and I would much rather discuss topics on this board with fellow members who feel the same.
You called Clarke "the class of the BRD" but CC lost to Central. I'm just fact checking.

If Clarke and Central were to play again Clarke wins by a landslide. Centrals coach even stated that they went for 2 because his defense was getting gassed. Clarke has been the standard that the other bull run teams are trying to get to. When Millbrook becomes a contender year in and year out then they can talk but until then not so much. Sherando is the standard for the teams in the NWD. At least Clarke is willing to schedule bigger schools to get better. When Millbrook plays a decent team i.e woodgrove they lose. Sherando schedules tough OOD every year to get better not to a pad stats.

Millbrook is scared to schedule tough teams. Millbrook is known for the basketball program when Erik Green was there and then his sister when the girls went on the state title run. They sure are not known for producing contending football programs

If 4A Millbrook wants to play a 2A schedule, that's up to them, but come time for the 4A playoffs, Millbrook might wish they had a little more experience against good 4A teams. Seeing as two of the worst football teams from the Bull Run District (3A Warren and 3A Monroe) are going to the Northwestern District next, Millbrook will have more opportunities to play a schedule similar to what 2A Clarke plays.

If 4A Millbrook wants to play a 2A schedule, that's up to them, but come time for the 4A playoffs, Millbrook might wish they had a little more experience against good 4A teams. Seeing as two of the worst football teams from the Bull Run District (3A Warren and 3A Monroe) are going to the Northwestern District next, Millbrook will have more opportunities to play a schedule similar to what 2A Clarke plays.
Good point. A 3A school can be bad because they are bad, not because of their classification/enrollment. Guess what? Same goes for 4A schools.

Pioneer101, you're a hoot and I really enjoy your posts. I just will never understand why you're so fixated on a neighboring 2A school. Best of luck to Millbrook through the remainder of the season and playoffs.

Reactions: Pioneer101
Maybe he played on the 2004 team that lost to Clarke. After Clarke beat them it was 11 years before they played each other again. This years game is the only one that didn't go right down to the wire.

2016 09/09/16 Millbrook 34 Clarke County 14
dkgrey.gif

2015 09/11/15 Millbrook 20 Clarke County 14
dkgrey.gif

2004 09/17/04 Clarke County 17 Millbrook 14
dkgrey.gif

2003 09/12/03 Millbrook 8 Clarke County 6
dkgrey.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT