ADVERTISEMENT

What in the world is going on at Essex?

Oct 23, 2010
Rode past the school this weekend and their nice, new scoreboard has been installed, but the bleachers continue to sit in the school's parking lot!!! They've been sitting there since at least mid-July. Someone needs to be held accountable for this situation and reprimanded! Essex has had two scrimmages and one game relocated thus far. Their "first" home game is supposed to be September 22. Will is happen or will school system officials allow this fiasco to continue? This is a disservice to the student-athletes who represent the school.
On a totally different note, King and Queen Central has a new lighting system that really brightens the field there.

I hope they get everything taken care of. Looking at their schedule, they now only have 3 home games this season, so it would really stink if another game got moved.

I’ve said back in pre-season that Essex might not have a home game til week 8 vs. Northumberland for homecoming. That’s a little over a month away. No way will they have them up along with the new press box before the K&Q game in 2 weeks.

Reactions: offmylawn
I’m happy to say that they have started putting the bleachers up at Essex. Saw a short video post on Facebook of them being assembled.

I drove out to the school this evening (Sept 12) and it appeared that work was continuing on the installation of the undercarriage. The actual metal seats are still in the parking lot. I wasn't able to get a close view as the band was practicing in the parking lot.

Reactions: Essex Trojan1
It's my understanding at the school board meeting it was announced that the September 22 game vs King & Queen will be played at King & Queen.

It's my understanding at the school board meeting it was announced that the September 22 game vs King & Queen will be played at King & Queen.
They’ll be cutting it close to finish by the next home game (homecoming game) in a month or so. If it takes longer, I’m with it. I’d rather it be don’t right and safely instead of rushing it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT