ADVERTISEMENT

What is happening in 5C??

WP02alum

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 22, 2009
Henrico county games are a complete tossup each weekend it seems. Herm must be struggling. What happened to Freeman?? Tucker gets a win over DR!

The Tucker win only is surprising if you don’t know the DR situation, agree. But the others? Definitely surprises for me.

Yup. Sims is legit & DR wouldn’t be very good even if Saban was coaching.

Matoaca beat Thomas Dale last night too. I heard they had some covid issues, but would it affect them like that or is Matoaca better than we all thought? I know they were decent this year, but are they better than decent?

5C will continue to beat each up particularly the west end schools.

Just a notice of interest for you...Chambers in Charlotte lost last night. Conference foe Hough beat them 16-10.
I saw that on another site. HS plays Colonial Forge this coming week then Patrick Henry
. CF is usually a tough Class 6 team. They have lost 2 already. The lost to Stone Bridge last night. SB won, by I think 49-7.

Springer76….Forge lost to Stone Bridge last week 43-7. Forge did rebound and shut out Stafford last night 49-0, but don’t take too much from that score. IMO, Forge is a decent team this year but a little down from the past few years. I think you guys should handle them fairly easily.

Henrico county games are a complete tossup each weekend it seems. Herm must be struggling. What happened to Freeman?? Tucker gets a win over DR!
Hermitage plays sound defense but Glen Allen had he more aggressive defense and it hurt a subpar offensive performance by the Panthers.

I think Freeman coming off a big win just had a letdown game. I'm sure they will bounce back.

Tucker seems to be on the upswing sooner than many of us anticipated.

The real question is can any of these teams challenge Highland Springs?

Matoaca beat Thomas Dale last night too. I heard they had some covid issues, but would it affect them like that or is Matoaca better than we all thought? I know they were decent this year, but are they better than decent?
I believe we will know more about Matoaca after this Friday when they play Dinwiddie. Keep in mind though Matoaca dropped to Region 4B so they are not 5C this year.

Reactions: springer76
Yup. Sims is legit & DR wouldn’t be very good even if Saban was coaching.
Sims is legit because his teams beat arguably 3 of the worst teams in the region?

Tucker beat Caroline, Meadowbrook and Deep Run. Those school will win maybe a combined 1-2 games (if that) between the three of them.

George Wythe beat Caroline. Meadowbrook barely has a football program and Deep Run is rebuilding and was outscored 125-7 in their first 3 games.

Last edited:
Sims is legit because his teams beat arguably 3 of the worst teams in the region?

Tucker beat Caroline, Meadowbrook and Deep Run. Those school will win maybe a combined 1-2 games (if that) between the three of them.

George Wythe beat Caroline. Meadowbrook barely has a football program and Deep Run is rebuilding and was outscored 125-7 in their first 3 games.
yes

Let's see how they look vs. Hermitage and Glen Allen the next two weeks. Tucker might win 5 games but that is based on them not playing anyone. Coach Sims is a good coach, but they have not played a competent HS football team yet. The top 6-7 teams in 5C would have beat those schools by 40+.

Let's see how they look vs. Hermitage and Glen Allen the next two weeks. Tucker might win 5 games but that is based on them not playing anyone. Coach Sims is a good coach, but they have not played a competent HS football team yet. The top 6-7 teams in 5C would have beat those schools by 40+.
"Coach Sims is a good coach"
isn't that what we said
why is it different when you say it.

wHo ThEy ReAlLy ArE

Goofy. Nobody is pumping them up to be anything except better than they used to be. Must be immature HS kids posting this crap.

The team rankings from what I have seen. Not who will make playoffs.

1. HSHS (2-2) The class of 5C with 1 great and 1 good win. The two losses were to state champions from another state. I expect HSHS to beat Colonial Forge (2-2) by at least 2 scores.

2. Glen Allen (1-2) is pretty much tied with Herm, but the get the #2 spot with the OT win vs. Hermitage last Friday. Some were thinking GA was overrated bc of tough losses to Varina and Matoaca. GA has played 3 really tough teams and expect them to beat Godwin tonight.

3. Hermitage (1-2) lost a tough game last week and has played 3 really good teams in close games. The win v. PH is one of the best 2-3 wins for any Region 5C team. Losing one score games to Varina and GA are tough but still shows the quality of Hermitage. I say Herm beats Tucker by 20-40 tonight.

4. Midlothian (2-0) has not played in weeks but looked very good when I saw them earlier this year. They have a good win against Prince George and dominated Clover Hill. I expect them to take care a business tonight vs Cosby (1-3) team. They play Monacan next week and we should know more about Midlothian after that game.

5. Douglas Freeman (4-1) lost to Godwin in what is probably the upset of the year in 5C to date. Freeman has good wins against Prince George and Atlee but the loss against Godwin stings. DF will get back on track v. John Marshall (0-3) tonight.

6. Prince George (0-3) had their homecoming game canceled v. Meadowbrook. PG has lost to 3 quality teams in Freeman, Midlothian and HSHS. I saw two of those games and came away thinking PG should/could have won both of those games. Tonight does not get any easier as they play Thomas Dale (2-1) who is coming off a tough loss v. Matoaca.

7. LC Bird (1-3) beat up on Cosby pretty good last week to get their first win of the season. Bird has lost tough games to James River, Monacan and Thomas Dale. Bird is still dangerous and they will get another win tonight v Wythe (1-2).

8. Godwin (1-3) pulled off a stunning upset for Coach PJ Adams first win at MG. Godwin has lost to 3 pretty good programs in Patrick Henry, Atlee and Hanover. Godwin is a team that spreads it out and could be dangerous in the right matchup. Interesting game tonight v. GA.

9. JR Tucker (3-0) beat Deep Run last week and somehow has also played Caroline and Meadowbrook. All wins are nice but I don't think Tucker being 3-0 changes the perception of how good Tucker is for most people. We will see what Tucker does tonight in their first game against a competitive program.

10. Clover Hill (1-3) beat Huguenot 48-40 last week. Clover has really struggled and were crushed by Matoaca, Midlothian and Cosby earlier this year. They are in for another long night v. Manchester (3-1).

11. Deep Run (0-4) has only scored 13 pts in a combined 4 games. They are rebuilding and will be tough for them to win more than two games this year. They play TJ (4-1) tonight and practically a must win for any chance for postseason consideration.

12. Meadowbrook (0-2) has lost to TJ and Tucker. I have herd their game might be off again tonight v. Petersburg. Going to be tough for Monarchs to compete this year.

Last edited:
I believe we will know more about Matoaca after this Friday when they play Dinwiddie. Keep in mind though Matoaca dropped to Region 4B so they are not 5C this year.
Matoaca is really good. They beat Dale, Glen Allen and Hanover. Even with a loss to Dinwiddie, Matoaca is going to be trouble in 4b playoffs.

Reactions: CRF4Dan

1. HSHS (2-2) The class of 5C with 1 great and 1 good win. The two losses were to state champions from another state. I expect HSHS to beat Colonial Forge (2-2) by at least 2 scores.

2. Glen Allen (1-2) is pretty much tied with Herm, but the get the #2 spot with the OT win vs. Hermitage last Friday. Some were thinking GA was overrated bc of tough losses to Varina and Matoaca. GA has played 3 really tough teams and expect them to beat Godwin tonight.

3. Hermitage (1-2) lost a tough game last week and has played 3 really good teams in close games. The win v. PH is one of the best 2-3 wins for any Region 5C team. Losing one score games to Varina and GA are tough but still shows the quality of Hermitage. I say Herm beats Tucker by 20-40 tonight.

4. Midlothian (2-0) has not played in weeks but looked very good when I saw them earlier this year. They have a good win against Prince George and dominated Clover Hill. I expect them to take care a business tonight vs Cosby (1-3) team. They play Monacan next week and we should know more about Midlothian after that game.

5. Douglas Freeman (4-1) lost to Godwin in what is probably the upset of the year in 5C to date. Freeman has good wins against Prince George and Atlee but the loss against Godwin stings. DF will get back on track v. John Marshall (0-3) tonight.

6. Prince George (0-3) had their homecoming game canceled v. Meadowbrook. PG has lost to 3 quality teams in Freeman, Midlothian and HSHS. I saw two of those games and came away thinking PG should/could have won both of those games. Tonight does not get any easier as they play Thomas Dale (2-1) who is coming off a tough loss v. Matoaca.

7. LC Bird (1-3) beat up on Cosby pretty good last week to get their first win of the season. Bird has lost tough games to James River, Monacan and Thomas Dale. Bird is still dangerous and they will get another win tonight v Wythe (1-2).

8. Godwin (1-3) pulled off a stunning upset for Coach PJ Adams first win at MG. Godwin has lost to 3 pretty good programs in Patrick Henry, Atlee and Hanover. Godwin is a team that spreads it out and could be dangerous in the right matchup. Interesting game tonight v. GA.

9. JR Tucker (3-0) beat Deep Run last week and somehow has also played Caroline and Meadowbrook. All wins are nice but I don't think Tucker being 3-0 changes the perception of how good Tucker is for most people. We will see what Tucker does tonight in their first game against a competitive program.

10. Clover Hill (1-3) beat Huguenot 48-40 last week. Clover has really struggled and were crushed by Matoaca, Midlothian and Cosby earlier this year. They are in for another long night v. Manchester (3-1).

11. Deep Run (0-4) has only scored 13 pts in a combined 4 games. They are rebuilding and will be tough for them to win more than two games this year. They play TJ (4-1) tonight and practically a must win for any chance for postseason consideration.

12. Meadowbrook (0-2) has lost to TJ and Tucker. I have herd their game might be off again tonight v. Petersburg. Going to be tough for Monarchs to compete this year.
Didn't Deep Run get a new coach? If not they need one bad.

HS beat Colonial Forge tonight 52-7. We play 3 games in 7 days starting next Friday with Patrick Henry, then Henrico Tuesday and Hanover Friday.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT