ADVERTISEMENT

What's the skinny on Henrico?

mbonape1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2015
Just curious to see if anyone has seen Henrico play this year. Seems like over the past few years they have certainly been a good quality D5 team but just not quite the same echelon with Hermitage, HS, & Bird. I was wondering if this years team is similar or do they have a shot at breaking through this year.

Just curious to see if anyone has seen Henrico play this year. Seems like over the past few years they have certainly been a good quality D5 team but just not quite the same echelon with Hermitage, HS, & Bird. I was wondering if this years team is similar or do they have a shot at breaking through this year.

I know this was early and only a scrimmage, but when they came to Dinwiddie I was shocked at how disorganized their coaching staff was. Multiple coaches giving orders and contradicting each other, even arguing with each other. And it was mirrored by the players. However, they had talent everywhere and that mitigated some of the lack of organization. The biggest fault I saw in them was confusion on defensive assignments. They may well have fixed these problems, but that was my take back in Aug.

I know this was early and only a scrimmage, but when they came to Dinwiddie I was shocked at how disorganized their coaching staff was. Multiple coaches giving orders and contradicting each other, even arguing with each other. And it was mirrored by the players. However, they had talent everywhere and that mitigated some of the lack of organization. The biggest fault I saw in them was confusion on defensive assignments. They may well have fixed these problems, but that was my take back in Aug.

Yeah I know they have athletes all over the field... Be nice to see them put it all together!

I may be a little unfair, because LCBird played that night too. Coach Bedwell and his staff are a well oiled machine. And Dinwiddie's program ain't half bad either!

But yes sir, they have the talent to be on par with the HSHS, Birds, and Hermitages. But they always seem to be a half measure behind.

I may be a little unfair, because LCBird played that night too. Coach Bedwell and his staff are a well oiled machine. And Dinwiddie's program ain't half bad either!

A 3 team scrimmage huh... how did Dinwiddie against Bird?

Not too good. But they didn't stink up the joint. But Bird was superior. Our starting QB was held out that night out of an abundance of precaution for a minor injury. But he doesn't play defense, and that's is where they took advantage of us. We basically got the best of Henrico.

Not too good. But they didn't stink up the joint. But Bird was superior. Our starting QB was held out that night out of an abundance of precaution for a minor injury. But he doesn't play defense, and that's is where they took advantage of us. We basically got the best of Henrico.
DP what did you think of Bird's QB? I'm no expert, but I thought their offense was lackluster. Their defense is no doubt elite, but I really think that Herm and HS (with a healthy Pootie Carter) are a couple steps better than Bird.

Well, you have to remember to take it in the context of a scrimmage. He was efficient. He put the ball on target. (His receivers dropped a few). It was such a controlled situation, nothing really stood out, good or bad.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Yeah Bird has 2 middle linebackers tht will be starting in the ACC by the time there sophmores.. those boys in that part of the county grew up eating corn bread and buttermilk. Throw in a 240lb tailback and its hard not to get 4 yrds a carry and we know tht is Birds game. The one thing you can't really out scheme. Just have to have the same size horses!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT