ADVERTISEMENT

Where was the Bench Technical foul on the GW Danville coach?????????

VerizonSportsFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 2, 2003
Folks ... at 2mins and 36secs left on the clock in the 4th qtr with score of GW up 55 to 53 ... the GW head coach pushed his player while he was on the court in LIVE action ... that should of resulted in a bench Technical foul.

See it for yourself ... what the heck where the officials doing????

Last edited:
Disagree, it's a technical and Riverside gets the ball. Rules are rules and they should be enforced, if not, why have the rules at all?

Disagree, it's a technical and Riverside gets the ball. Rules are rules and they should be enforced, if not, why have the rules at all?[/QUOTE
Maybe they just didn’t see it? But a similar situation would be when a guy is driving to the rim at the end of ruglation, lots of times referees won’t make a foul call with the game on the line, when they would have definitely called a foul in the first quarter if the same play occurred.

I couldn't find anything that say's a coach can or not touch his own player while he or she in on the court. That play there I don't think I would have called a foul on the bench. It looked to me that he lighty touched him on the back to move back on the court. If someone can find a rule book that cover's a situation like that let us know.

Not like baseball where a 3rd base coach cant touch a runner. If the coach is out of the coaching box to do this at best it could be a bench warning. I dont see the coach really leave the coach's box.

Looks like one of those situations where it may technically be against the rules, but no ref on the planet is gonna make that call in that situation because it really didn’t effect the game at all.
Tell the ref to F-off doesn't really effect the game at all either...but I bet if the coach said that he would've gotten T'd up. Rules are rules...and that was as blatant as it gets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT