ADVERTISEMENT

Where's the Battlefield crew?

Oh, I'm here. Actually, I am always here. Anticipation is killing me! Ready to see some High School Football action.

The Chargers have a new Head Coach and system. Neither bothers me. What bothers me is the schedule. It's just as rough this year as last and it starts off real heavy! There is no shortage of hard work, dedication, and motivation. One of the most dedicated squads I have seen. So I'm kind of torn whether a tough schedule is a bad thing or not. We will find out in 25 days.

The Chargers have a new Head Coach and system. Neither bothers me. What bothers me is the schedule. It's just as rough this year as last and it starts off real heavy! There is no shortage of hard work, dedication, and motivation. One of the most dedicated squads I have seen. So I'm kind of torn whether a tough schedule is a bad thing or not. We will find out in 25 days.
Yes...you're right. That schedule is tough. They could conceivably go 0-6 and still be considered a pretty good team.

There are no walks in the park! I think the first 7 games they play all of their opponents will be projected to be in post season. But I will repeat this .... one of the most dedicated squads I have seen. They lost a lot of talent to graduation but they didn't loose it all and more coming up. If they can keep it up and pull in the loose ends, they'll get w's and maybe open some eyes. 25 days!!!!!!!!

I'm glad your optimistic! Haven't got to see any practices yet this summer but tall order between the graduates and transfers. Nothing wrong with a rebuild.

I'm glad your optimistic! Haven't got to see any practices yet this summer but tall order between the graduates and transfers. Nothing wrong with a rebuild.
I'm always optimistic. You are right, nothing wrong with a rebuild year and with the loss of a large group seniors, a new Head Coach, and system it's justifiable to call it that and I am not blind to it. But, this is a very, very dedicated squad. They have possibilities and that will have to play out on the field. 24 days!!!!!!!!

I'm here. just waiting for scrimmages to start.
I don't expect the battlefield to be strong and due to that I believe it is a wide open race this year. I would think Courtland would be at the top of the list due to the amount they return. Chancellor may be a year or two away but having met the new coach I will say they will be well prepared. Coach Glessner is a very sharp guy and has passion for his Alma Mater. They will get better as the season progresses. JM will be JM, always tough. Look For Spotsy to be the surprise of the year. I have heard they have great numbers and they have an excellent coach and experienced staff that has a proven track record of success with no numbers (colonial beach). Spotsy also has an easy schedule outside of the district. I know Louisa isn't in the battlefield but they have state championship caliber talent. I believe they will be the class of the Fredericksburg area. Anything short of a 10-0 season will be a disappointment IMO.

Reactions: 7time
I have to believe the class of the Battlefield this year will be Eastern View. Courtland will improve but I'm not sure they can overcome the EV muscle. Can't argue with the rest of your observation. The Chargers start with a very tough schedule. Those first three or four games will toughen them. After that, there are lots of possibilities. They are very well coached by an extremely enthusiastic staff. I have heard the same thing about Spotsy. They have never been slack on talent, its just getting that talent out of the hallways and on to the field and at the same time getting the faculty and parents behind them. Their new staff just may have found the combination to make that happen. 22 days!!!!!!!

@ChancellorFan how would you compare last year's staff to this one? Cannot believe none of those guys are coaching for the most part. I need to get out and see a practice

Also, I agree EV is probably the class of battlefield but courtland will be a tough out

I won't make a comparison. Every staff has their own identity and I love them all. I'll say this. The staff that is there now is high energy, very intelligent, focused on the players and coaching them, and the players absolutely love how things are happening. Practices today are nothing like they have been in many years and they like it.

Sounds like they made a good move to bring in some young energy after coach Oliver. Can't wait to see them this fall

I forgot about EV being back in the battlefield. Yes they should be the favorite. Also is Culpeper back in the district?

The Battlefield is:

Caroline
Chancellor
Courtland
Eastern View
James Monroe
King George
Spotsylvania

Hey gang I am here! Cougars are a year away from having their finest team. They move this year from diapers to pull-ups as they will still be relatively young. They are a little bigger, faster and understand the system more. They will give Louisa a game in a couple weeks but come up short and I believe. EV will be atop the district this year, however they are not that far ahead of Courtland and JM that a minor upset could very well happen. The Cougars have the three headed monster back as all RB's are Juniors and very talented. Two of them have attended high profile camps and came away having opened some eyes. The other is a bull dozer that most D- backs will cringe if having to tackle this kid. Courtland will have a very sizable O-line and D-line anchored by a 6'3 350 pound Senior stud! They have a couple real nice fleet footed WR's that can create space after making a catch. A bunch of Juniors and Sophs with a couple Seniors Sprinkled in for the starters, followed by more depth than in the past for the backups coming of the bench. Playoff caliber team but still a year away from neding to really talk about making a big splash.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT