ADVERTISEMENT

Tentative (?) Tuesday Schedule for Shenandoah Teams

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
Augusta County schools are closed today I have heard due to the early morning freeze and a flood warning for later in the day, yet it is supposed to warm up into the 50s. So it remains to be seen how tonight's three district games will be impacted. But here is the slate just in case some or all do go on as scheduled......

WILSON AT BUFFALO GAP: On paper this looks like an easy win for the Hornets but with these two you never know. But for the sake of discussion, let's say the visitors win by 15.

FORT DEFIANCE AT WAYNESBORO: As discussed recently, the Indians have adopted Coach Mike Gale's high-powered, super-intense offense this season and are making every attempt to put up the biggest numbers they can manage. I doubt if they will top the 100 point mark as they did Friday night but Waynesboro is not likely to be any kind of threat to them picking up their second district win. The Indians should take this one by at least 25-30.

STUARTS DRAFT AT STAUNTON: This is likely to be the most competitive of this slate of games. Staunton has more losses at this point of the season than I would have ever guessed they would have, but I think that reflects a very tough schedule. Stuarts Draft is one of the few teams in the district that can match up to Staunton size-wise and numbers-wise. I will not be surprised if the Cougars give them a game, and if they were to win it, it would not be the upset of the century, but I still see Staunton as the favorite by 8-10 points.

Riverheads is the odd man out tonight, having played a non-district game at Bath County last night.

According to the district site and going to each teams calendar for today, it shows Draft & Staunton being rescheduled to tomorrow, but it also shows Staunton playing at Heritage Lynchburg tomorrow as well. The other team calendars still have the games for tonight as scheduled.

First two above are re-scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday the 10th) but Stuarts Draft at Staunton new date is February 7th, per the Shenandoah District website.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT