ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s up for 2022

Stabler1980

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 8, 2016
Appomattox va /Myrtle beach SC
Again congrats to KW and to all the teams this year getting us back to some football like we all know it ! I know it’s early but to be the champ you have to get at it and get to work .
-Who will be a team to look out for in 2022 ?

Again congrats to KW and to all the teams this year getting us back to some football like we all know it ! I know it’s early but to be the champ you have to get at it and get to work .
King william will be strong again and I expect them to make a good run for the region. To early to comment on states. I suspect it will be a lot of the same teams making deep runs

Reactions: Stabler1980
I think everyone in Region D loses a lot of key players except for Ridgeview. I believe they will be the favorite from our region next year as i hear they bring everyone back. Barring any transfers or something crazy. I expect Richlands to be a little worse next year.

I thought I heard that Graham only had 7 seniors this season. Obviously Bradshaw and Meadows are two of them. I'm not sure if Blevins is a senior or not. But with Clements leading the way, I expect they'll be in the mix. KW loses 15 seniors off the state championship team and you don't just replace a Demond Claiborne and Jayveon Robinson. They also lose 4 of their 5 offensive linemen. But the cupboard isn't completely bare. They still have #9 Tre Robinson returning and look for #3 Kaleb Shelton to slide from WR to QB and he is a very good athlete himself. Also returning are the Johnson twins, Wylie #58 and #11 Trenton. There's also some good size and talent that didn't see much playing time this year, because of the talent in front of them. This year's sophomore class won 5 youth football championships playing against predominantly Richmond area teams and also made it to Nationals in California in 2018. Some of the members of that team transferred to other schools, but many of those key members will be starters on next years team.

I thought I heard that Graham only had 7 seniors this season. Obviously Bradshaw and Meadows are two of them. I'm not sure if Blevins is a senior or not. But with Clements leading the way, I expect they'll be in the mix. KW loses 15 seniors off the state championship team and you don't just replace a Demond Claiborne and Jayveon Robinson. They also lose 4 of their 5 offensive linemen. But the cupboard isn't completely bare. They still have #9 Tre Robinson returning and look for #3 Kaleb Shelton to slide from WR to QB and he is a very good athlete himself. Also returning are the Johnson twins, Wylie #58 and #11 Trenton. There's also some good size and talent that didn't see much playing time this year, because of the talent in front of them. This year's sophomore class won 5 youth football championships playing against predominantly Richmond area teams and also made it to Nationals in California in 2018. Some of the members of that team transferred to other schools, but many of those key members will be starters on next years team.
As good as our youth league has been the past few years I see Kw making it to state games pretty regularly for a while. Lots of athletes in the youth, lots of kids out there that haven’t played yet that usually come out for high school football. I know this years 8U and 10U Teams will be hard to beat when they get into high school. KWs jv teams have been pretty good the past 2 or 3 years, future is looking bright. Would love to see them make a run like appo has. That 06-07 team getting upset by Essex in the region championship really hurt us as a whole. So many teams have come through KW since then that should have been playing for titles. Nice to get that monkey off our backs. Hope coach Moore and staff will stay for a while.

I think it’s about the same for appo also , losing a QB who’s been starting for 4 yrs now but the good thing is the backup did see a lot of action this year , have to replace some lineman and wideouts but should be ok in the district and region again

Reactions: Raiders Radio
I believe Graham loses two starters on defense. Offense, losing Meadows, Bradshaw, & Blevins is big. Some of the seniors were not starters. Graham had several freshmen & sophomores starting. I agree with another poster, in Region D, Ridgeview will be a top contender. All of their talent returns. It should be a fun season in Region D.

I believe Graham loses two starters on defense. Offense, losing Meadows, Bradshaw, & Blevins is big. Some of the seniors were not starters. Graham had several freshmen & sophomores starting. I agree with another poster, in Region D, Ridgeview will be a top contender. All of their talent returns. It should be a fun season in Region D.
Ridge view could be fun to watch the way they spread it around

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Draft has a decent line and the QB was a freshman that will be coming back. I think the loss of Nice at RB will be hard to fill but that staff will find a way to distribute his work load around. I haven’t seen any standout backs coming up but they always seem to find some decent legs. As for anyone else in B, I couldn’t tell you enough to sound like I had any clue what I am taking about.

graham loses 3 of the 4 DB's brody on d line and blevins as outside backer

No doubt brother, it should be fun to see them progress. I would be happy to see them in the realm of Appomattox County. With the way you guys have dominated Region C, I'm just hopeful that we at least have a chance at making it competitive because other than 18, it's been completely 1 sided. If we go through the regular season and come into the playoffs and facing Appo, we feel like we truly do have a reasonable shot at winning, then it will have been a good season. Fingers 🤞

For Strasburg they are losing a lot of production on both sides.

Key Losses

#25 Brady Neary RB/DB
#7- Griffen Turpin RB/LB
#27 Cayden Pangle DB
#29 Tanner Jenkins RB/LB
#54 Dale Waybright OL/DL
#75 Tyresse Lee OL/DL

Key Returners

#55 Colby Shaw OL/LB All district and All Region at LB
#5 Ryan Roller QB/DB
#11 Walker Conrad TE/DE
#45 Braden Stern RB/LB
#1 Brayden Decristofaro RB/LB will more than likely be called on to step up into the starters roll both ways for the Rams after losing the production at the RB spot and Jenkins at LB. The Rams are losing a lot so these young bucks are going to have to grow up quick to compete with the Falcons of Central and the Eagles of Clarke in the district.

Just my opinion

As good as our youth league has been the past few years I see Kw making it to state games pretty regularly for a while. Lots of athletes in the youth, lots of kids out there that haven’t played yet that usually come out for high school football. I know this years 8U and 10U Teams will be hard to beat when they get into high school. KWs jv teams have been pretty good the past 2 or 3 years, future is looking bright. Would love to see them make a run like appo has. That 06-07 team getting upset by Essex in the region championship really hurt us as a whole. So many teams have come through KW since then that should have been playing for titles. Nice to get that monkey off our backs. Hope coach Moore and staff will stay for a while.
I don't put much stock in JV records. Lafayette's JV team has consistently been at the bottom of the pile in the Bay Rivers District for years, yet their Varsity team absolutely rules the roost.
I'm also interested in seeing if KW moves up to 3A on the near future.

• Wow
Reactions: Raiders Radio
I don't put much stock in JV records. Lafayette's JV team has consistently been at the bottom of the pile in the Bay Rivers District for years, yet their Varsity team absolutely rules the roost.
I'm also interested in seeing if KW moves up to 3A on the near future.
I don’t think king william would move to 3A for another 10 years or so. We’ve been at the 2A mark for a while and not a lot of kids are moving into the county. It would be nice if KW would continue to play more 3A teams from around Richmond and Williamsburg. Maybe even the 4A teams from Hanover if they’d be willing too.

Reactions: gwb16
I'm keeping my eye on Javon Scruggs. What a player he was. Scruggs from what I've seen and read, has one more year at Liberty and is likely going to get drafted.

I'm keeping my eye on Javon Scruggs. What a player he was. Scruggs from what I've seen and read, has one more year at Liberty and is likely going to get drafted.
I think JaVon will stay another year. He didn't walk with the Seniors (Willis did). He could benefit from another year of developing to hopefully get a good shot next year in the draft.

I've lived in Appo my whole life...50+ years and with the exception of Kevin Ferguson who played at UVA and a short stint in NFL...Many ( including myself) think he (JaVon) is one of the best football players to come out of Appo.. Kevin, Larry Robinson, Boo Boo Trent and Lindsey Fleshman would have to be somewhere in the mix. You can go way back to Irie Mays and Ed Cawthorne but not many folks on here are going to know who they are.
Oh..and Bobby Massie who started in Appomattox before going to LCA.

Javon graduated early could that be why he did not walk? I would love to see him be eligible for another year.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Graham should be near the top of Region D again. They lost 3 very good players in Bradshaw, Blevins and Meadows but return a lot of young talent that will get bigger and stronger. Key for Graham will be the QB position next season. Very unfortunate that Blevins had to end his season playing hurt. Coach Palmer likes to put his best athlete at the QB position. It will be interesting to see if he continues this trend. The younger Meadows is solid and a good athlete but not the best athlete on the team. Yubrenal Isabelle is an up and coming athlete to watch for at Graham. Freshman lineman Omari Hill who played a significant amount of time this season has potential to play somewhere at the next level also, IMO. G-men ahould be fun to watch for the foreseeable future. I am looking forward to watching Connor Roberts next year during his senior season, he plays hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT